Carlos Tosca Fired

Breakwood

Good teams find a way to win, bad teams find a way to lose, and the Blue Jays are a bad team.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

It's funny when teams do poorly they aleays fire the managers. Now I understand you can't get rid of the players but why not rid of the person that signed the players. When a team fails Miserably shouldn't the GM get fired???

The Jays weren't that bad of a team... in fact their team batting average and ERA is about the same as the New York Yankees... it's the managerial decisions especially regarding his choice of who to bring in from the bullpen, as well his version of "small ball", greatly effected the way the team played... then when you look at how he's changed the batting order almost every day, noone can get comfortable in a role.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Uhh... Have you had a look at Kelvim's numbers? 6-8 with a 4.15 ERA? And he's has a team that can provide run support. His numbers would be horrible if he stayed with the Jays.

The team had a HORRIBLE start... and has never been able to get over it. And for that, bye bye Tosca. He's a good Manager, but it's obvious his strategy doesn't work as well as we thought.

The key to the team was Carlos Delgado. He's not earning NEARLY what he's being paid for. The guy has a .227 batting average. He's been injured, and when he's not he hasn't been productive. He has averaged ONE strikeout PER GAME.

I really like the guy, but it'll be sad to see him go. There has been a few bright spots for the Jays future though. Alexis Rios looks like the makings of a great hitter. The guy's a friggin rookie and he's got a .290 average. Josh Towers is MUCH better after that horrible start.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

And wouldn't you know it, they win in their first game under the new guy.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

It's all because of the new logo and jerseys. And J.P. Ricciardi. I don't like him. You look at the Blue Jays starting rotation beyond Halladay (who's been injured a fair bit), and I'm not that surprised at their dismal record.

Last year, when the team's overachieving, everything's hunky dory. Now that their youth, lack of depth, and overspending on a few overrated individuals (Miguel Batista and Delgado... and I'm a Delgado fan) starts to catch up with them, suddenly it's Tosca's fault. Chris is obviously able to follow this team closer than I ever could, but it just doesn't seem right IMO.

In similar news, Dave Ritchie, coach of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, got fired yesterday. Another firing of a coach where it was the players who were clearly at fault. Injuries, raw rookies, and underperforming veterans have landed this team tied for last in the West, with a 2-5 record. Say what you want about Dave Ritchie having "lost his players"... the last few games have looked like the players lost themselves. Dave Ritchie rescued the Bombers from the deep, dark depths of the R**n*b*ld era, and for that reason alone he deserved more respect than he ever got.

Thank you Coach Ritchie, you deserved better. Best of luck wherever you go from here.

...and good luck, Jim Daley. You'll need it.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived