NHL Uniform Revisions (Pacific Division Added)

mattr1198

Decided to give a redesign to all of the NHL uniforms, some to a greater extent than others. I used the current adidas format for everything. I started off by redesigning the Atlantic Division first (H=Home, A=Away, P=pants):

BOSTON BRUINS

H: New chest logo featuring the B as a more prominent yellow than the black they've used. I also removed the shoulder yoke to invoke the more classic Bruins designs of the past. Finally, the socks are now mainly yellow with a black and white stripe to match that of the sleeves.

A: The uniform design stays mostly in tact, with exception to the new chest logo. The shoulder yoke better fills out the sweater on this design than the home uniform.

P: The belt is now yellow and the new logo is added to the right side of the pant.

BUFFALO SABRES

H: The blue has been lightened and the silver has been removed almost entirely. The uniform style remains the same overall, but the weird front number is removed as well.

A: Holds the same uniform design as the new adidas away jersey, simply with the lighter colors added.

P: A new yellow belt is added and the pants' blue is matched to the home and road uniforms.

DETROIT RED WINGS:

H: No changes. I absolutely could not touch this timeless uniform in any way without making it worse.

A: The sweater remains in tact, but the helmet is now red rather than white to invoke the "Red" in the Red Wings name.

P: The stripe on the side is thinned to match the length on the uniforms.

FLORIDA PANTHERS:

H: The leaping panther logo returns to the front of the uniform in a much desired move.

A: See "H".

P: No changes for the pants, which really complement the uniforms.

MONTREAL CANADIENS:

H: No changes to what is a classic uniform.

A: Major changes here though. The road uniform gets the home uniform's treatment. The "Habs" line goes on the road uniform now, while the logo colors are reversed to better contrast the line. The bottom stripe is also altered to better match the style of the home uniform.

P: No changes.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING:

H: Black returns to the Lightning color scheme in the form of both the neck and the sleeves. The ends of the sleeves are now completely black, giving the team a much more notable look. Black is also added to the sock design as well.

A: All of the blue on this set is outlined with black to add the color to the other part of the uniform scheme.

P: The Lightning stripe on the side now features a black outline. The belt color has also been changed to black.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS:

H: The classic sweater remains in tact. The new socks bring back the three stripes commonly used on the Maple Leafs uniform set.

A: See "H"

P: No changes here.

59d910e4852af_NHLAtlanticDivisonJerseyUpdate.thumb.gif.9353ff898fc4613f3804b5fd3ec37f4c.gif

Up Next: Metro Division, where there will be a lot more changes...

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

These all look great, with the exception of Montreal's away. Seeing the CH logo is blue just doesn't look right to me. I would remove the chest stripe and recolor the logo. Making those changes would be a solid road set for the Habs. The only other change i would make is to make Tampa's road be more like it's home. The blue and black bleed together from a distance, so I would make the cuffs blue and the stripe black. You also forgot to add the Sens. Nice start!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

These all look great, with the exception of Montreal's away. Seeing the CH logo is blue just doesn't look right to me. I would remove the chest stripe and recolor the logo. Making those changes would be a solid road set for the Habs. The only other change i would make is to make Tampa's road be more like it's home. The blue and black bleed together from a distance, so I would make the cuffs blue and the stripe black. You also forgot to add the Sens. Nice start!

Damn I can't believe I forgot the Sens. I gave an update to the Habs road to reincorporate the normal logo with the design, which I think makes it look better.

OTTAWA SENATORS:

H: The style of the old school senators logo is incorporated into the new uniform. The Red is altered slightly and the gold from the previous Sens logo is toned down heavily. The seldom used but much loved alternate takes the place of the primary.

A: The colors of the home uniform are simply reversed to create the road uniform. The only difference is the neck which includes both black and red rather than just red, creating a better complement to the stripes.

P: No changes other than the alternate logo on the pants getting a recolor.

59d91ac3be90f_NHLAtlanticDivisonJerseyUpdate.thumb.gif.7b75380dbc60181b743572777e9911f0.gif

NYC x STL

The Metropolitan Division sets see much more change than those of the Atlantic Division:

CAROLINA HURRICANES:

H: The main shade of red is darkened, the new numbers are italicized, and the subtle hurricane flag design is added to both the sleeves and socks.

A: The away uniform receives similar treatment to the home uniform, except with reversed colors (obviously).

P: The new shade of red is present in the pants and the belt is now black.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS:

H: The least has changed with this uniform in comparison to others. The only addition are the sergeant army symbols added to the sleeves to invoke a more "civil war" jacket feeling.

A: The same treatment goes for the away uniform.

P: The pants are now blue to better fit in with both jerseys.

NEW JERSEY DEVILS:

H: Green is reincorporated into the color scheme in place of black. Additionally, the tail stripes return, sorely missing from the current adidas uniforms.

A: The away uniform gets the same treatment as the home.

P: Now green with a red belt.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS:

H: The stripes on the sleeves and the tail stripe are adjusted to reflect the style used in the 1980s glory days and to match the socks. The chin strap on the helmet is now orange as well.

A: The away uniform receives no changes.

P: The pants go unchanged.

NEW YORK RANGERS:

H: The classic font the Rangers used in the earlier original six days returns to match with the style of the current logo. The drop shadow is still present. However, the home uniform now reads "New York", representing the city's pride.

A: The away uniform receives similar treatment to the home uniform, but still reads Rangers, despite the new font, making the rangers one of the rare teams with different front logos/design on both uniforms.

P: The belt is now blue.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS:

H: The outlines on the numbers are matched up, with extra border strokes to help the numbers stand out. The logo receives similar outlining. The bottom stripe is also adjusted to match the striping of the socks.

A: Similar treatment goes for the away uniform, just with different styles of outlining. 

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS:

H: I altered the tail stripe to match that of the sleeves. The uniform was already almost perfect as was.

A: Same goes for the away as for the home.

P: The belt is now yellow.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS:

H: The unnecessary and dated piping is removed entirely. New ends of the sleeves are added, matching the tail stripes.

A: Same goes for the away as for the home, except now the sleeve ends are red.

P: Unchanged.

59d96ba27b876_NHLMetroDivisonJerseyUpdate.thumb.gif.931702b6ea132800ab06a5bad17c7cb9.gif

Up Next: Western Conference

NYC x STL

First up for the west is the Central Division:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS:

H: The tail stripe is altered to fit the style of the sleeves. The socks are also adjusted as such. I really couldn't do too much to change this classic uniform.

A: No changes. Not worthy of updating this classic.

P: Additional red stripes added to the sides on the pants.

COLORADO AVALANCHE:

H: A new logo is added to replace the much dated Avs logo in my opinion. Additionally, black is entirely removed and silver is demoted down to purely an outline. The jagged stripes and one of the sock stripes are white now. The helmet is maroon now with a blue chin strap. The alternate logo also has navy removed and replaced with the Avs blue.

A: The new logo is also added to this uniform. The jagged lines are now blue. The socks have removed black. The numbers are also now blue with a silver outline instead of black.

P: The pants are now blue and the belt is maroon.

DALLAS STARS:

H: The shade of green is adjusted to match that of the older North Stars. A black, white outlined shoulder yoke is added to match the road uniform. The uniform numbers also receive a black outline.

A: See "H"

P: The belt is now green.

MINNESOTA WILD:

H: No changes. This new uniform is arguably one of my favorite in the whole league.

A: I made the Wild the only team in the NHL to not have a pure white away uniform. The whole uniform has a "faded white color" to it to match the Wild's overall color scheme. The sleeve and sock stripes are adjusted to match the style of the home uniform.

P: The belt is now red.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS:

H: A shoulder yoke is added to match the style of the road uniform and fill out the uniform. Everything else remains constant.

A: No changes.

ST. LOUIS BLUES:

H: Due to the overall success of the Winter Classic uniform in St Louis, I applied the color to replace the royal blue. The shoulder yoke is removed to match a retro style. The stripes across the entire set remove the navy and royal blue to create a more classic stripe design. The logo colors are altered to the same colors of the uniform.

A: The colors are adjusted similarly to the home uniform, but the shoulder yoke is kept as it fits the uniform style better.

P: The new color and logo are applied to replace the navy.

WINNIPEG JETS:

H: Red is made more prominent in the color scheme and its added to the ends of the sleeves, tail, and socks. It's also added to the NHL emblem as well.

A: Red is added this time as the stripe color rather than on the ends.

P: The belt is now red.

59da45bd0cdfa_NHLCentralDivisonJerseyUpdate.thumb.gif.04aa14957e6d2a016fef73f98f3d0ed9.gif

To finish it off, the Pacific Division comes up next.

NYC x STL

The Blackhawks' home looks incomplete without the white hem, and the addition of more red to the Jets makes the jerseys far too busy.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't understand the whole "belts" thing. That's just the inside of the breezers. I don't think hanging that would affect the color at all...

Wild-Fran-a__79270.1418312957.290.290.jp

Wild11.png

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

With regard to the Central Division requests, I returned the helm back to the Blackhawks jersey, while I did keep the changes to the socks. I also altered the use of red in the Jets uniform to allow the uniforms to match. To justify the red, I wanted to bring back memories of the older team.

59de720af05c8_NHLCentralDivisonJerseyUpdatecopy.thumb.gif.f8bf36041bc407931c5a713ee537816e.gif

On the other hand, to close this series off, I edited the Pacific Division uniforms:

ANAHEIM DUCKS:

H: The classic Ducks logo returns to the forefront with some recolors to match the new color scheme. I edited the stripes of the sweater and socks as well to match the style of the retired alternate, finally getting rid of that horribly dated style of the older uniforms. Finally, I promoted the orange in terms of the uniform colors.

A: Same changes that were applied to the home are applied to the away as well, with exception to the use of a nameplate on the away sweater.

ARIZONA COYOTES:

H: I changed the logo to incorporate the coyote head into the moon. A logo like this is occasionally used by the team, but it isn't official. I also replaced all of the white in the uniform with the more unique sand color. Finally, and probably most notably, I added Mojave style stripes to the sweater and socks to represent the character of Arizona.

A: While the base of the uniform is still white, the rest of the white is removed and the same stripes are added to the sleeves and socks. The ends of the sleeves are also adjusted to the sand color.

CALGARY FLAMES:

H: I returned the home jersey back to the older style of the 90s with exception to the addition of black as an outline color since its currently part of the flames color scheme.

A: The away uniform is adjusted appropriately where black is added as an outline.

P: The pants now feature a similar design to the uniforms. The pants are red with the same style of stripe.

EDMONTON OILERS:

H: Very little changes with the uniforms here. The only minor change I made is added an outline stripe to the inside stripe of both the sweater and sock. It allows for that alternate color to pop a bit more.

LOS ANGELES KINGS:

H: The horribly unnecessary side piping is removed leaving the Kings uniform in the same classic style as the Gretzky era.

SAN JOSE SHARKS:

H: The helmet now matches the color of the uniform (teal).

A: No changes here.

P: This sees the most changes. The color is now the Shark's iconic teal. The logo on the right leg is changed to the more modern alternate the team uses on the away uniform. The stripe style from the home uniform is also added to better complement the whole set.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS:

H: The dated and off-color orca logo is retired and replaced with a white version of Canucks' classic stick in rink design. The shade of green is also adjusted to a more subtle tone. Additionally, the "V" alternate is added to the shoulders.

A: Most of the same applies to the away as the home, with exception to the stick in rink logo being its normal colors.

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS:

H: While the base color of the uniform remains grey, the sleeves are now adjusted to feature more black. The bottom of the sock is adjusted as well. The helmet is also black instead of grey.

A: Black is incorporated similarly, this time to the numbers as well.

59de6d9e4ad26_NHLPacificDivisonJerseyUpdate.thumb.gif.694e4237f93137a0caff3629cf143fbc.gif

NYC x STL

Archived