Atlantic Schooners CFL Expansion

WideRight

Seeing that discussion of CFL Expansion, and particularly expansion into the Atlantic or Maritime provinces (Halifax) seems to be back on the table, I thought I would try to design a more contemporary Altantic Schooners logo.  I wanted a unique color scheme for the CFL, and something oceanic.  What I ended up with is a bit Miami Dolphinesque (or a lot), but there are currently no CFL teams with a white primary (Montreal keeps flip-flopping with silver) and no team with teal as a primary color (now that the Argos have returned to double blue) so a teal, orange and navy color scheme is unique to the league if not to football. 

Thoughts?

Xr1MHyY.png

Although I like the idea of the use of orange in the team colors, yes the double blue scheme is close to that of the Argos; so here's some suggestions:

Change to the 90's Argos team colors of. Navy, Teal, Silver and White

Wave/water - teal

Boat hull - navy

Sail/A - Silver

Helmet stripe : Teal - main/middle, silver then Navy

On 24/12/2017 at 8:53 PM, MSO94 said:

I really like it . Would be a much better logo than what they had for the original team idea.

As a reference to the logo for the proposed team of the same name from 1984: 5n4vkz63sswlou94uvq1kf7xn.gif

I agree with MSO94's assessment.  I think the colours could be made more unique.  Perhaps a teal or turquoise (what I see in the originating post is light blue), red, and gold, with white? 

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

It’s a really neat logo, although I do feel that the way the bowsprit juts out is a tad too angular compared to most of the smooth curves of the rest of the sea/schooner composition. Soften it up a little and it would be a bit less jarring. 

I’m not a fan of the color scheme to be honest, way too Dolphinesque. The orange is quite random and not something I’d immediately associate to the Atlantic. Maybe a ‘colder’ purple? A bit similar to the Hornets, but at least they don’t play football, and Scottish rugby has occasionally used purple as trim. Plus there’s no CFL team currently using the color.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived