Expos To Play In Washington Next 2 Seasons

Bob5150

I just got this week's Sports Weekly magazine,and it states that the Expos will be playing in Washington. Here is what it actually says:

"Commissioner Bud Selig, who will recieve a three-year extension through 2009, will announce in the next month that the Expos will play at least rhe next two seasons at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C."

I just got this week's Sports Weekly magazine,and it states that the Expos will be playing in Washington. Here is what it actually says:

"Commissioner Bud Selig, who will recieve a three-year extension through 2009, will announce in the next month that the Expos will play at least rhe next two seasons at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C."

A temporary home?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

That would make sense since it looks like its between Washington and Northern VIrgina for the permanent home, and either wa y DC is the main market and where they wil have to play while a stadium is built.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

A temporary home?

RFK will definitely be a "temporary" home, but this is the same league that had an "interim" commissioner for almost 10 years and the Expos have been under "temporary" ownership by MLB's other owners for 3 years now, so it still may be awhile until the team gets a brand new ballpark for themselves.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

I have my doubts about this. If there was a problem with the Expos in Montreal, surely we would have heard something about this much earlier.

Nothing but street scuttlebut, I'm sure. Let's go about our daily lives, shall we?

I sure wish they would; at least that'll take the pressure off of those of us in St. Louis who are concerned our football Cardinals are looking to move west. If the Jets left, it'll leave a vacancy at Shea, but at least the Giants remain across town at Yankee Stadium.

If thewy are moving out of Montral, is there anywhere else that would be ready to host MLB in 2005? Anywhere else with a stadium thats ready and the right infrastructure??

Interesting to see if the expos remains the team name. I think the name might well give us some clues as to what the long term plans for the franchise are. (Ie the Senators name wouldn't really work outside of Washington.)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

First, I doubt that "Expos" will be the name of the new team. Thinking about "Washington Expos" makes me think about Clinton and Lewinsky, if you catch my drift.

I think it'll be "Senators" for traditions' sake, and if they choose "Washington Generals", the Harlem Globetrotters and Manny Jackson will be P!$$ed off and sue.

(And BTW, if they do wind up in DC in '05, I just might take a trip down to RFK. But that leaves a good question: Where would DC United play if RFK is taken over by the Expos/Senators? The only logical answer would be Fed Ex Field.)

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

First, I doubt that "Expos" will be the name of the new team. Thinking about "Washington Expos" makes me think about Clinton and Lewinsky, if you catch my drift.

I think it'll be "Senators" for traditions' sake, and if they choose "Washington Generals", the Harlem Globetrotters and Manny Jackson will be P!$$ed off and sue.

(And BTW, if they do wind up in DC in '05, I just might take a trip down to RFK. But that leaves a good question: Where would DC United play if RFK is taken over by the Expos/Senators? The only logical answer would be Fed Ex Field.)

Well James, if and when the Expos move to Washington, I guess our teams will become InterLeague rivals... I look forward to facing your Phillies 6 times a season :)

---

Chris Creamer

Actually, they'll be intradivisional rivals, for they will stay in the National League East. As far as interleague, I believe that the Senators will play the Orioles six times a year.

P. S.: Remember Joe Frickin' Carter!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Actually, they'll be intradivisional rivals, for they will stay in the National League East. As far as interleague, I believe that the Senators will play the Orioles six times a year.

P. S.: Remember Joe Frickin' Carter!

Yes I know, I'm a Jays fan fool ;):) we lose our rival, you lose yours.... Jays/Phillies huzzah!

---

Chris Creamer

2009? No wonder why the fans in Milwaukee hate him. Besides, it is time to say.....

Hey, Bud.......THE PARTY'S OVER!!!! TIME TO GET YOUR A** OUT THE DOOR THIS OCTOBER!!!

SAVE THE MONTREAL EXPOS!!!!! :flagcanada:

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Bud Selig, for better or worse, is really a good commish. Is David Stern better? I think not.

...and if you even dare to think of saying Gary Bettman, you should be castrated...

Tags is the best commish, but look at the league he runs...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Bud Selig, for better or worse, is really a good commish.

Overall, he's fairly decent... afterall he's the only commissioner to get through a Players Union contract expiring without a work stoppage (Aug 2002)... he has goofed on some areas, but he could've screwed up a lot more.

I think I just dislike him for how the Montreal situation has been handled, and the possibility of shadiness between him and Loria.

---

Chris Creamer

Archived