Double-A Eastern League Unveils New League Logo

Double-A Eastern League Unveils New League Logo

August 15, 2018 - 15:40 PM

This morning the Eastern League, a double-A member of Minor League Baseball, updated their league logo for the first time in twenty years. The new mark was designed by San Diego-based Brandiose who has been responsible for a host of […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, agentrygraphics said:

The fact that the white letters don't have a navy stroke on them once they breakout from the diamond shape bothers me.

It stands out so much to me.  I initially read it as Casterl Peague.  It may translate better in patch form with some depth to the letters but as a flat logo there needs to be something else

2 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

The fact that the white letters don't have a navy stroke on them once they breakout from the diamond shape bothers me.

Me, too.  Really kills the legibility.

16 minutes ago, GFB said:

This reeks of an in-house job that Brandiose was hired to "clean-up."

If true, that's not exactly to their credit.  The basic concept is fine, it's the execution that's so bad.

41 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

If true, that's not exactly to their credit.  The basic concept is fine, it's the execution that's so bad.

I don't disagree, but you never know what the client says is off-limits. I'm not a fan of Brandiose's "circus" mentality, but straight using a font like that is so far out of character for them as a studio, it makes me doubt they had full creative control. 

9 minutes ago, GFB said:

I'm not a fan of Brandiose's "circus" mentality, but straight using a font like that is so far out of character for them as a studio, it makes me doubt they had full creative control. 

You're right. If they'd been granted complete creative control, the "E" would be anthropomorphized and swinging a baseball bat, while the "L" would be rendered as a piece of whip licorice, a strand of spaghetti, or some other foodstuff.   

3 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

You're right. If they'd been granted complete creative control, the "E" would be anthropomorphized and swinging a baseball bat, while the "L" would be rendered as a piece of whip licorice, a strand of spaghetti, or some other foodstuff.   

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, GFB said:

Brandiose uses unedited Wisdom Script now?

cortas-quotes-fresh-james-t-edmondson-wi

This reeks of an in-house job that Brandiose was hired to "clean-up."

...if that's the case, they need to use professional-grade cleaners next time. ??

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Archived