AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

17 hours ago, officeglenn said:

New uniforms for the AHL's Grand Rapids Griffins, emphasizing red and gold while toning down the silver:

full-uniform-sets-20240919-ahl-grand-rap

More details and side-by-side comparisons on the mothership.

I wish they'd go back to their old logo, or at least something closer to it. I've hated the style of this logo since they unveiled it.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 12:41 PM, officeglenn said:

ECHL's Bloomington Bison unveil jerseys for inaugural season:

white-jersey-front-20240914-echl-bloomin

red-jersey-front-20240914-echl-bloomingt

Honestly, I love the color combo. It's a version of RWB that's exciting and doesn't just make me roll my eyes.

The jersey design...meh.

That logo needs to be put out of its misery. If this team makes it past the five year mark, I see a much needed refresh happening.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

2 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

If this team makes it past the five year mark, I see a much needed refresh happening.

Won't make it past three

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Won't make it past three

Maybe, they're in a location that could beat the odds, being in more traditional hockey territory. I'll give them better odds than Tahoe, at the very least.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I don't know, Bloomington-Normal feels like fool's gold to me. It should work, it's a market with about as solid an economy as you can ask for, but I can't shake the feeling that it won't. Non-college team in a college town is always shaky. Meanwhile, Rockford, which is a disappointed sigh in city form, has been chugging along respectably since 2007. I wish them well, but the ECHL seems to be a dicey proposition around here.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Dashers looks like it was created in AI.

That's because it was. Their old logo was a total ripoff of Fairfield University's stag logo, and I called them out on it earlier this year. Apparently, they didn't want to spend money on a designer, so they went with AI instead.