best overall NHLer

1HabsFan9

who is the best overall NHLer?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Adam Oates was a tough guy. Too bad he retired. And Giguere, like I said, at times can be. Just depends if someone is in his face.

That's what makes a goaltender great, the ability to make the save in traffic. Every goaltender in the NHL can stop the puck if there is no traffic.

Giguere= Playoff fluke who in no way deserved the Conn Smythe. The Ducks could have lost without him.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Giguere= Playoff fluke who in no way deserved the Conn Smythe. The Ducks could have lost without him.

But could they have made it that far without him? Would his backup (the name slips my mind right now) been able to carry them that close to the cup? He carried his team all the way to the finals and well into them. It just so happens that when it came down to it, Marty Brodeur was better.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

player that came to my mind immediately is forsberg, and hes not even listed!!

as for kariya, he's got speed, he's got moves, but he's MAYBE a top 10 player. definetely not the best in the league. and this is coming from a pretty big kariya fan.

im not even going to vote because i think iginla is the best player in the world.

- kariya isnt great. he is a prima dona who was only good as a duck because he was the centre of attention. the team revolved around him. in colorado, the sourounding tallent exposed him. just because some writer calls him the next "great one" dosnt make it true.

- the best goalie in the world is brodeur. giguere (as was teh entire ducks team) was a one hit wonder. im so happy they lost. imagine: the words "mighty ducks" engraved on the stanly cup for all time. brodeur should have won the conn smyth.

imagine: the words "mighty ducks" engraved on the stanly cup for all time.

I dream about it all the time.

The Devils could have won the Cup without Brodeur. His performance in the finals may have been better, but the Conn Smythe Trophy is giving to the MVP of all four pounds of the playoffs, the player that elevated his game to bring his team to the brink. Also...

- In his 5 shutouts, Giguere stopped 12 more shots total that Brodeur did in the his 7 shutouts. And in two of those three shutouts in the finals, Giguere had more saves. When you have to do little work for a shutout, that's more attributed to your outstanding defense than your goaltender, even if he is the best.

- Giguere had over 168 minutes of overtime shutout hockey over 7 games, an average OT of 24 minutes! Broduer won his first two OT games and then lost the last three.

- The only other number that work in Broduer's favor is wins and only by one. Everything else went in Giguere's favor. Even Brodeur had more losses.

I'm not knocking Broduer. But overall, for that playoff run, even if it was a total fluke, Giguere's stats where superior.

Back on topic, I don't think any Mighty Ducks have ever been able to be considered the "Best All-Around Player" in the NHL. Kariya's got speed and skill but he was never the best in any year, he's injury prone, on a decline and not that tough at all. Federov may have been considered the greatest at one time, but there was always someone better and now there's a lot of people better. I don't recall ever seeing him fight before.

I'd have to give the title to Mario Lemieux, because even a half-healthy Lemiuex is twice as better as a completely healthy anybody. That and, even though he does it so very rarely, he can go toe-to-toe. If I had to pick a player though right now who can both score and scrap at the highest level, I'd say Jarome Iginla. I've never seen Naslund or Forsberg fight before, but they can score.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I'm going with Ol' Foppa, Peter Forsberg.

He's far and away the best two-way forward in the game right now, and he's got more Cup rings than almost everyone else on that list (not sure how many Datsyuk has).

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Archived