Charlotte Bobcats Branding Guide

CC97

So, doesn't is seem like they could have at least been somewhat original when choosing the name, yet alone the logo?

They weren't going for original so much as tongue-in-cheek. The team's owner is Bob Johnson, so "Bobcats" was basically a play off of his name.

I'm intrigued by some of the "semi-finalist" names though. Did I see the "Charlotte Carolinians" in there somewhere? :puke:

nav-logo.png

They weren't going for original so much as tongue-in-cheek. The team's owner is Bob Johnson, so "Bobcats" was basically a play off of his name.

Yeah, I heard about that. Terrible idea though. It would suck if the team was losing for a streak, and the fans had to stomach the fact that the fans and players would be reminded of mismanagement every time they heard the team's name. That would be like if the Clippers were renamed the Stirlings. Bad, bad idea. I still like the Dragons better, because a team name should represent the city and community, and not the owner. That's just greed right there.

VmWIn6B.png

hey all, I was messing around with a dragons idea, and I thought I'd check out that template they used. On page 18 its in vector form, so I opened page 18 in illustrator. Nothing showed up. So I highlight everthing, and its all in a clipmask. Well, there are about 30 uni designs that were hidden on the pdf. I only found one that was drastically different that what else was shown the rest were repeats or slight variatios...but one was different...and here that is: (well...I just noticed that one spot on my pdf is blank...so maybe this one was there on yours....let me know if you guys saw this already then.)

bobcatsuni.gif

Looks liek the middle would have been a mesh material. its nothing groundbreaking, but I thought you'd all like to see it.

Archived