Sign in to follow this  
officeglenn

NY Jets wordmark and numbers

So I was thinking about the supposed leak of the NY Jets' new uniforms that was going around and was pretty much determined to be fake, thinking there were some elements of it I liked, particularly the geometric inlined numbers. I played around in Illustrator and came up with a wordmark and numbers that I think look pretty good:

sKMhmC0.png

ecvFlsn.png

Both are based off variants of Agency FB, with the corners angled off and a few other alterations, mostly to make the inlining easier.

Now this is where I'm stumped. I'm kind of lost as to what to do for a primary logo. For the uniforms, I can envision a double stripe motif throughout, like on the shoulders, the the pant legs and the helmet. But logo-wise, I'm just not quite sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Wouldn't ever want to see it for the Jets, and I'm another one of those people who dislike italic numbers, but it doesn't look too bad in a vacuum. 

Love what you have so far, even the italics on the numbers looks good in my opinion, but I'm also struggling to think up a good primary logo idea. I'd like for there to be some sort of jet plane imagery in it, but I'm unsure what I'd suggest. Maybe a variation or a modern take of the 80s-90s abstract jet above the word mark? But IDK if that would look awkward or not. Who knows, maybe the word mark alone could act as a primary if it has to.