Watford FC

officeglenn

So after reading through this thread on Watford FC possibly getting a new crest, and seeing this historical crest in particular, I wanted to see if I could recreate the hornet and try to improve on it and bring into modern times.

The first rendition is mostly a faithful recreation, just with some small modifications:

zBIHVa7.png

This rendition keeps the same hornet, but adds a roundel:

poHsWjB.png

And this one is again the same hornet, but inside a hexagon:

SXN18wc.png

Thoughts on which one you like best? Improvements that could be made?

I think the hexagon needs to have a different color than the primary jersey so that the bee stands out and the badge doesn't disappear into the shirt from distance. I like the first logo most of all though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MrFreckles said:

I would try a different font from copperplate. Not sure what I'd recommend though. 

The hornet on its own would look cool with some tweaks. The hexagon looks too close to Wolves IMO. 

The font is from the Modesto family. I thought it was a nice, slightly more modern take on Copperplate, but maybe it's too close.

Didn't even think about Wolves! That was dumb of me. Just thought it was kind of fitting given hornets' close relation to bees.

7 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

The font is from the Modesto family. I thought it was a nice, slightly more modern take on Copperplate, but maybe it's too close.

Didn't even think about Wolves! That was dumb of me. Just thought it was kind of fitting given hornets' close relation to bees.

I recall seeing an idea on another thread where the hornet and a deer/moose (insert proper term) flanked a coat of arms. That'd be interesting, or maybe something more "illustrated" like Blackpool. 

spacer.png

Archived