New cleveland mlb caps?

Kerry

I've been collecting fitted MLB caps since 1986 or so and each year I check to see what's new to keep the collection up-to-date.  

I received a Starstruck catalog the other day and, according the to catalog, there are four new major league baseball caps this year--a Toronto Blue Jays alternate and three new Cleveland Indians caps--home, road and alternate.  The Jays alternate is definitely new, but the three Indians caps I've seen look identical to the ones the team was wearing last year...the colors and logos all look exactly the same to me.  Does anyone know if there's something about these Cleveland caps that's new, or is the catalog simply incorrect in labeling them as new?

Thanks,

--Kerry

The alternate hat was added last year and had the lighter shade of blue, so there was no change to it this year. The home and away hats were just modified to look more like the alternates (lighter navy, silver accent).

Not true about the alternate cap.  I have both and this year's is definitely a lighter blue than last year's - which was the very dark navy that the Yankees, Tigers and Red Sox wear.

EDIT: Since there's no delete, I can't fully cover up the fact that I posted before really understanding what everyone else was saying.  Oops.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Thanks, all, for the replies.  After reading these comments I took a very close look and, indeed, the Chief Wahoo logo is smaller.  The color change is more subtle, but there.  (I believe the silver lining was already in place with the old design.)

Thanks again,

--Kerry

Not true about the alternate cap. I have both and this year's is definitely a lighter blue than last year's - which was the very dark navy that the Yankees, Tigers and Red Sox wear.

Huh, I guess I am wrong about that.  We sell other MLB hats at the M's Team Store, and last year we only had the Indians alts in adjustable, which were the ligher navy.  This year we have them in fitted, and they are about the same color.  Serves me right for considering an adjustable hat to be "authentic!"

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

• LMU locked this topic

Archived