Minnesota Amateur Hockey League (Designs Only)

Section30

Hello again everyone!

As some of you may remember, a while ago I had a series in the Sports Fan-Fiction portion of the site before it closed a couple months ago. Since then I have been reposting the old stories on another website, if you are interested in following along click the link in my sig. I just got caught back up and am posting new posts again. I thought that I aught to post my designs on here for people to see, much like others have done after the closing of the Sports Fan-Fiction forum.

Here are the logos of all of the teams in the league.

GCaR2vX.pngoUiW7BU.pngZB8IGrC.pngyUpGXNV.pngDTms283.pngbqKB1pc.png

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Twin Cities Vulcans made their first ever logo change (as minor as it may be) by reducing the size of the yellow outline on their logo.

21XC312.png

7EySCNh.png

The Vulcans also made changes to their uniforms, introducing the first white jersey in their history and changing the striping a bit as well.

New

omcBTU3.png

Old

ASmUXqP.png

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

The Thief River Falls Railers changed their uniforms for the first time in the teams history.

The stripes along the top of the old jerseys are minimized to a set of stripes on both shoulders, this stripe style is copied on the sleeves and hem.

New

xYwLU4x.png

Old

TDUCoRI.png

Awesome template that you put together like Frankenstein. Took a lot of good parts from templates around and really made your own solid look. The tuques are a great little add on for sure. The update to Thief River seems like the appropriate next step in the teams jersey history. It reminds me of the Chicoutimi Saguenéens but wildly more tame. Also should note that I think Steinbeck’s logo is a thing of beauty, don’t know what about it hits me but it is a classic. Keep it up!

1 hour ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Awesome template that you put together like Frankenstein. Took a lot of good parts from templates around and really made your own solid look. The tuques are a great little add on for sure. The update to Thief River seems like the appropriate next step in the teams jersey history. It reminds me of the Chicoutimi Saguenéens but wildly more tame. Also should note that I think Steinbeck’s logo is a thing of beauty, don’t know what about it hits me but it is a classic. Keep it up!

Thank you for the kind words!

• 3 weeks later...

The Duluth Hornets simply updated their iconic block D by adding a blue outline around the classic green D. Duluth also introduced a secondary logo of a hornet.

qb3mYK3.png2KtiHeh.png

Duluth also updated their jerseys, adjusting the stripe style and shoulders. The Hornets also added the Hornet logo to the shoulders of the jerseys. The stripes on the away jersey are reversed to make the jersey more green heavy.

New

HC7NIjr.png

Old

L743i8d.png

You've done a great job capturing a vintage aesthetic. I love that Walleye logo! The Duluth hornet logo is also excellent. I could imagine both of them as iconic logos that stuck around to the present.

The new Duluth jerseys are an improvement.

For Steinbach, I'd say go with the standalone windmill on the jerseys. Looks good otherwise. I'm curious how the name Barbarians came about...

I'm curious what your La Crosse jerseys look like! Excellent work!

1 hour ago, vtgco said:

You've done a great job capturing a vintage aesthetic. I love that Walleye logo! The Duluth hornet logo is also excellent. I could imagine both of them as iconic logos that stuck around to the present.

The new Duluth jerseys are an improvement.

For Steinbach, I'd say go with the standalone windmill on the jerseys. Looks good otherwise. I'm curious how the name Barbarians came about...

I'm curious what your La Crosse jerseys look like! Excellent work!

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind going forward!

If you're interested in the background of all the teams and the story aspect of this click the link in my sig.

Here are La Crosse's jerseys, it is on my old template since I haven't updated them yet.

suEhHX1.png

Thunder Bay just sharpens their classic TB monogram. This was more of a clean up than anything else.

PEhMhDc.pngy2vvyMP.png

The only real changes made were adding one small stripe on the hem and making the collar red on the away jersey. The new  white is noticeably more pure than the cream of their old jerseys.

New 
XmqEE4B.png

Old

AS1x2OA.png

St. Cloud decided to do a full re brand, officially changing their nickname to the "Bearcats" instead of "Bear Cats". The Bearcats will ditch their "Sailor Cat" logo in favor of a Bearcat paw with SC in the palm. The Cats also introduced a script logo (the script is the font Ekshada).

mY3ogs9.pngMbD91q7.png

The Bearcats uniforms were mostly untouched in the re brand. The only changes were replacing the old logo with the script and adding laces to the jersey.

New 
aym1OW8.png

Old

PYbHfQC.png

I mean that Edina one is hilarious but were they even Cake-Eaters at this point in history? It’s like what the 1950’s? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

17 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I mean that Edina one is hilarious but were they even Cake-Eaters at this point in history? It’s like what the 1950’s? 

The year at this point is 1959 and my grandpa actually graduated from Edina High School in the late 50s and he's told me stories about being at hockey games and being called cake eaters. So if his stories are true the term will have been used for years prior to this team forming.

21 hours ago, TheBW91 said:

i really wanna pet that huskie

They're good boys up there in Moorhead.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived