Milwaukee Bucks Uniforms Part 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is turning out to be quite the series.

I do like the Cream City jerseys, and I think it's long overdue that both Milwaukee teams are wearing cream. The Bucks are just on dire need to :censored: or get off the pot with what their colors actually are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey not to be constantly pimping my stuff, but I recently got the chance to sit down with Tom O'Grady to talk about his legendary career and specifically designing the Milwaukee Bucks 90's rebrand.  There's a lot of really good stuff here, including how the Bucks almost were a green & orange team.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1TQmoDsibyk29Tj7Q8lE1x

https://anchor.fm/teutonia-world/episodes/Enter-the-Swamp-Dragon-ehu5di

https://anchor.fm/teutonia-world/episodes/Enter-the-Swamp-Dragon-ehu5di

• 2 weeks later...

Props on this! I have a lot of nostalgia with the 90’s/purple era of the Bucks and NBA in general. Shout out to Khash Middleton haha 

I need info on the forgotten Brewers 90’s era Uniforms/Design on why they incorporated green and the reason for the rebrand at the time. The uniforms and M were the precursors to the 2000 rebrand. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2020 at 2:54 PM, wisbadger1 said:

Props on this! I have a lot of nostalgia with the 90’s/purple era of the Bucks and NBA in general. Shout out to Khash Middleton haha 

I need info on the forgotten Brewers 90’s era Uniforms/Design on why they incorporated green and the reason for the rebrand at the time. The uniforms and M were the precursors to the 2000 rebrand. 

First, I just stumbled on this and it is great! Thanks David for creating a Milwaukee centric topic. The Bucks have had a crazy existence as far as identity goes. I wouldn't exactly call it a mess, more so a sign of the times and eras. I haven't watched the docs yet, but will soon. 

And to you wisbadger, I think IIRC, it had something to do with the Packers becoming popular again in the 90's. The Brewers noticed there was more of their gear being worn at Brewers games, and wanted to capitalize on it by adding the green. 

packchampionslfroh.png

• 4 weeks later...

I've come to the conclusion that I just don't want blue as part of the Bucks identity.  The blue border on the court at the Forum is a nice tribute to the original MECCA floor, but every other application of it feels forced.  Plus, the blue stripe reminds me of those thin blue line flags which I'm sure neither the Bucks or most of their fans care to be associated with.

I actually like the Bucks in green and gold.  I thought about why that looks "right" to me even though they've never actually worn gold before now and I realized why watching old Bucks games on YouTube.

Bucks.png

Gold/golden brown was part of their identity for the first 25 years they were around.  Just not on the uniforms. 

I could get behind Bucks logos that used golden brown for the deer head itself but only forest green and red everywhere else. It'd be very Blackhawks. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 5:20 PM, NicDB said:

Milwaukee Robins was a name I've used on OOTP.

We used to have an Aussie rules fantasy league around here, and I'd used the Milwaukee Robins name as well.  Basically used the Islanders' fishsticks colors, but with cream instead of silver, a more reddish orange (given that, as a consequence, we got saddled with Redbreasts as a pet name), and no white at all.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 10/31/2020 at 9:33 AM, the admiral said:

I could get behind Bucks logos that used golden brown for the deer head itself but only forest green and red everywhere else. It'd be very Blackhawks. 

I decided to see how this might look in various colorways.

bucks1.png

While none of these are embarassing IMO, it does seem to emphasize the point that the strongest and most distinctive part of the Bucks brand has always been the Irish Rainbow.  They need to stop half assing it the way the Brewers did with the glove all those years and embrace it as being essential to their identity.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to thank Wisconsin television for making me hip to the Menards jingle 15-20 years before it hit nationally.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

38 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

I'd like to thank Wisconsin television for making me hip to the Menards jingle 15-20 years before it hit nationally.

It's not as fun without The Menards Guy, though. I didn't even know they went national.

I spent years thinking the Christmas version of the jingle was not "warm season's greetings to you all from Menards" but "what season's greetings do you want from Menards?", and then wondering why they would act so put-upon in their commercials.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived