Quebec Nordiques concept...

motor city squire

I love the recolor, and the new logo, but the red really looks out of place. Maybe bring back the teal from the original logo to use for the fleur-di-lis. Otherwise, they look good.

VmWIn6B.png

I love the recolor, and the new logo, but the red really looks out of place. Maybe bring back the teal from the original logo to use for the fleur-di-lis. Otherwise, they look good.

the lighter blue i used IS the old logo's - i had one made earlier with no red at all, including the shoulder patch - but wanted it to not be very bland. the red contrasted the blues really well and since there was so little i figured id keep it.

the debate over my use of red in jersey concepts has been seen before.

~k

pistons4-sm.giftigers.gifmadeindetroit-store_1798_66732.gifwings.gifisland1-sm.gif

the debate over my use of red in jersey concepts has been seen before.

...which has nothing to do with this jersey (even though you were so wrong wrong wrong about the Blues' set--no more red! EVER!).

The red actually fits this set, given your nod to the previous red logo on the shoulders. It's just enough to give it some pop. (Speaking of pop, the crest on the dark jersey could use a white outline.)

You used the Columbus number font.. which I hate passionately (at least you didn't use the letters from the Jackets' jerseys), plus it loks out of place on this jersey, since everything about it (aside from the fleur and the old shoulder logos) is angular, rather than rounded.

I'm also not a big fan of the scarce trim on the bottom of the torso, but the patterns are good. Moving it up the torso, and leaving the bottom filled with the current bottom colour, would help a lot.

Overall, not a bad idea, it just needs a little more cowbell.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The red actually fits this set, given your nod to the previous red logo on the shoulders. It's just enough to give it some pop. (Speaking of pop, the crest on the dark jersey could use a white outline.)

You used the Columbus number font.. which I hate passionately (at least you didn't use the letters from the Jackets' jerseys), plus it loks out of place on this jersey, since everything about it (aside from the fleur and the old shoulder logos) is angular, rather than rounded.

I'm also not a big fan of the scarce trim on the bottom of the torso, but the patterns are good. Moving it up the torso, and leaving the bottom filled with the current bottom colour, would help a lot.

i guess i'm just a big failure then... <_<

~k

pistons4-sm.giftigers.gifmadeindetroit-store_1798_66732.gifwings.gifisland1-sm.gif

The red actually fits this set, given your nod to the previous red logo on the shoulders.  It's just enough to give it some pop.  (Speaking of pop, the crest on the dark jersey could use a white outline.)

I'm also not a big fan of the scarce trim on the bottom of the torso, but the patterns are good.  Moving it up the torso, and leaving the bottom filled with the current bottom colour, would help a lot.

i guess i'm just a big failure then... <_<

~k

Y'know, I'm having a crap day, and you get to reap the benefits.

If all you want is grandiose praise about how you're the greatest designer in the world, hold your concept up to a mirror and chant those words to yourself. If you can't handle the idea that someone might actually take some time to write some constructive criticism on your concept, then don't post it here. I took some time to look over it and not dismiss it off-hand (single-line responses like "looks good, but the red is out of place on it", for example) even though I wasn't quite feeling it.

But, no, lately we've had this big influx of people who post up their latest Islander/Whaler/Cardinal/Nordique/Lightning/whatever concept, and whine and bump the posts endlessly if they don't receive two pages of comments in the first thirty minutes that it's up, and then complain even more after they get comments and the respondents have the audacity to not drool and slobber over their scribblings.

Screw that.

You don't like people critiquing your stuff? Don't bloody post it then.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Apparently not well-executed sarcasm.

well, typing letters and using little smiley faces don't go that far in getting sarcasm across.

~k

*back on-topic though - i'm fairly happy with the design, but yes, the CBJ numbers i used were something i wasn't 100% sure on anyway...still thinking of changing it.

I cringe every time I see that god awful woodmark.

It's by far one of the worst I have EVER seen.

It's a shame cause the logo is pretty sweet. I don't care what the rest of you say, the changes you made to the unused logo in that concept is great. The red's fine... just fine... and I liked how the original logo was still used on the shoulders.

The CBJ numbers are changable, but the rest of the jersey is very good. I would definitely buy one if it was real.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

i said this with the last concept like this- why not try a fleur-de-lis :flagcanada: for an alternate jersey (w/more red :P )

anywayy- i like it except the red, it stands out too much. if there was more red than that in the uni i would like it :grin:

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

Archived