New Peugeot Logo

SSmith48

It looks like French carmaker Peugeot has recently revealed a new look, based off their logo from the 60's. I'm going to have to say I'm not a big fan of the change, as the old lion looked much more streamlined, and the shield shape is somewhat generic now for car manufacturers.

Old:

Peugeot removes lion's body from logo for first time in almost 50 years

New:

Peugeot removes lion's body from logo for first time in almost 50 years

1960's logo (inspired new one):

peugeot lion emblem 1961 - Google keresés | Peugeot, Car logos, Car sticker  ideas

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Initial reaction after looking at it for 5 seconds - love it.  Gonna look really nice as a badge.  The stand alone full-body logo looks cool as a badge too, but the shield should work well too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The old logo had the fake chrome look that plagued car logo designs from the late 90's and 2000's, and I don't really care for the shape of the lion; it feels like someone took a Heraldic lion and just made it blocky. The new logo is a much simpler and more elegant design that'll look great on the grill of a car.

The inspiration is good and I like the shield lockup, but the execution of the lion isn't my favorite. I like the idea of using the sort of jagged edges to make interesting shapes, but they feel all too awkward and blob-ish. If that were tightened up, I think I'd love it.

spacer.png

Archived