Minnesota Wild: What say you?

CS85

On 2/16/2022 at 7:02 PM, plobrien said:

The Wild's Winter Classic uniforms are incredible though, that should be their full time brand. 

No, I wouldn't go that far. But I'd be perfectly fine if it became full-time alternate, for a while. A beautiful uniform like that should be worn more often, so that it doesn't go to waste.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/18/2022 at 10:16 PM, Morgan33 said:

The Wild look nice when they pair the Scenery-Bear with restrained, traditional striping.  When they try and look like a team from the 1920's?  Not so much.  That Winter Classic jersey was atrocious.

Agreed.  I do think their current home/road is one of their best in their brief history.

Their current home and road, along with the WC as an alternate jersey would be perfect 😍 

I am still hoping that they’re going to bring it back out for at least one other game this year. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 2/16/2022 at 7:02 PM, plobrien said:

Wild isn't a good name but it's tolerable. It's better than Magic, Thunder, Ducks, Sharks, Avalanche, Predators, Lightning, or Blue Jackets. Hockey has a lot of bad team names.

The Wild's Winter Classic uniforms are incredible though, that should be their full time brand. 

The only one of these I'd maybe agree with is Magic. Ducks & Sharks might be a bit generic, but they are at least plural nouns and not abstract concepts. And Blue Jackets is one of my favourite names in pro sports. It's unique, has a connection to the local market, and sounds like it could belong to a team that's been around for decades.

Wild & Kraken are minor league caliber names that got salvaged by major league caliber logos & uniforms.

Archived