NHL Winter Classic 2023 at MetLife Stadium - Islanders update 10/16

DTConcepts

Recently, I've been trying to become more well-rounded in graphic design. I've done t-shirts, branding packages, social media graphics, and hockey jerseys, but I've never really been good at making logos or overall presentation graphics, and I wanna change that. In that pursuit, here's a couple graphics and a logo I made for a potential 2023 Winter Classic game at MetLife Stadium:

7KOYwpA.png

The logo I designed was pretty much entirely inspired by the Statue of Liberty. The angular design of the base of the logo comes from the aerial view of Lady Liberty's pedestal, and is meant to somewhat evoke the spikes of her crown. The green and copper coloring come from the various shades of oxidized copper Lady Liberty has been over the years, and it also creates a unique color palette that I think really pops. Anyways, without further ado, here's the logo:

9IAM2V9.png

That's all I've got for now! I'm still working on the jerseys for the game, but I wanted to put this logo out there and see if y'all had any feedback on it!

No feedback? That's alright, I'll double post anyways.

Here's the branded version of the logo. Not a lot to report here, just figured I should mock it up and post it for the sake of accuracy to the real Winter Classic.

hQ3S6tM.png

Any feedback on the logo(s) before I share the teams and jerseys?

8 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

No feedback? That's alright, I'll double post anyways.

Here's the branded version of the logo. Not a lot to report here, just figured I should mock it up and post it for the sake of accuracy to the real Winter Classic.

pres3-png.png

Any feedback on the logo(s) before I share the teams and jerseys?

I like this a lot. I like the subtle nods to Lady Liberty.  It's New York without being in your face about it

ZUH86xc.png

Here's the first of the two teams, the New York Rangers. This design was a fauxback, being inspired by the elements the Rangers have kept consistent through their jerseys since their founding, while not being exact replicas of any jersey in team history. Here it is:

ON96ZIo.png

But after making this jersey, I realized that it looked a little similar to their 2012 Winter Classic jerseys, which I didn't intend to do. With that in mind, I recolored their jersey to create an alternate version that had its own flair.

Sp6a5Kl.png

And that's that! Out of those two jerseys, which do you like better? Are there any tweaks or changes I should make to the design? Let me know!

On 10/10/2021 at 8:31 PM, johne9109 said:

I'd say got with the blue. They already did a white winter classic with the shield on it (like you said); so I say go with the blue this time. I would also maybe swap the red and off white. Seems like a bit too much red for a Rangers jersey

How's this?

SHPWuNU.png

• DTConcepts changed the title to NHL Winter Classic 2023 at MetLife Stadium - Rangers update 10/11
  • DTConcepts changed the title to NHL Winter Classic 2023 at MetLife Stadium - Islanders update 10/16

Orange and navy with teal trim would have been a perfect way for the Islanders to bring back the Fisherman as their Reverse Retro last year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Think you can do a Devils jersey? After all, the are the only one of these teams to actually play in New Jersey and the last time the Rangers and Islanders played in a Stadium Series, the Rangers and Devils also played. 

Archived