NHL Retro Cleanup - "The Pooh Bear" 2/3

DTConcepts

On 1/28/2022 at 11:56 PM, vtgco said:

I think I'd rather see the metallic silver over the flat gray, though.

On 1/29/2022 at 4:33 AM, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Would like to see the Preds jersey with the current sabretooth logo and the "Guitar Pick" secondary, just out of curiousity.

I was reluctant to replace the crest with the normal sabretooth logo, so instead I used another alternate logo from the Preds' old repertoire. I put the pick on the shoulders as requested, and added a little bit of beveling to the "NP" at the bottom of it. I also added the metallic striping, which I really should've had in there from the start.

OgLB8qQ.jpg

Thoughts? I know that the actual sabretooth logo would probably look best, but I wanted to keep in line with the original jersey's use of an alternate logo as the crest.

• DTConcepts changed the title to NHL Retro Cleanup - "The Mustard Jersey" Update 1/30

That is a huge improvement over the original, but it still suffers from the same problem regarding the logo: the skull looks awful because I'm automatically drawn to the fact that it doesn't have eyes. It just looks off.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think the biggest thing that needs to be fixed about the “Mustard” jersey is just that. Mustard. 

It always should have been bright yellow, similar to the shade they have today as their home sweaters. I mean that’s always been a part of the Preds color scheme, and why they didn’t use it for a third jersey is crazy…

I like all of the changes so far, other than keeping the mustard. I think making it the athletic gold would be a great update! 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Moving on to yet another yellow jersey!

In 1995, the Boston Bruins joined the league's third jersey program with a bright yellow jersey and a crest featuring an oddly soft-looking bear. The jersey had a jagged, sublimated striping pattern on the arms, waist, and yoke, as well as a "BRUINS" wordmark on the shoulders.

pooh-bear.jpg

Here's my cleanup, and here's my changelog:

PimdvB1.jpg

• Removed the shoulder yoke to clean up the jersey
  • Relegated the Pooh Bear to the shoulders to mirror the "Meth Bear"
  • Changed the color scheme to yellow/brown instead of yellow/black

And that's that! My biggest gripe with this sweater is the crest, which is why I minimized its role. I really do like the striping pattern, and I think a yellow/brown scheme would be a nice change of pace for the B's.

• DTConcepts changed the title to NHL Retro Cleanup - "The Pooh Bear" 2/3

Archived