2022 NFL Redesign -- Week 1 Matchups / Series Wrap -- Added 07/09/2022

Philly's Phinest

1 hour ago, Philly's Phinest said:

Dallas Cowboys (24 of 32)

While the Cowboys are probably my least favorite team in the NFL, I can say they have a very strong brand that they've built over the years. I had a few main goals here - 1) stay true to the identity and history 2) unify the look. Let's start with the helmets. 3 simple options. Silver, white and a blue. Silver being the primary. You'll notice the blue does not have any stripes and this was by design. I think the helmet looks cleaner this way and could pair well with the dark jersey. For the unis - since the Cowboys don't have a true home / away (usually wear white) - we have a light jersey (white), dark jersey (blue) and an alternate silver. These primary jerseys feature the classic double sleeve stripe (removed the outline). A retro number font was also used to pay homage to earlier Cowboy years.  Similar to what some teams are now doing - I've removed the TV numbers from the shoulders and have replaced them with the star logo. Always thought that look suited them well. You'll also notice I've only used the darker shade of blue throughout and have made the pants a solid silver color (not the blue/silver that doesn't match their helmets). I also created an all white fauxback of sorts where I utilize the white helmet. This features the iconic double outline numbers and has blue sleeves. I've also paired this with white pants. Not a true throwback as I've changed the design, but borrowed elements from the past. Lastly - for the purists out there that love the lighter shade of blue, there is another alternate option of their normal light jersey that could be worn (yes I know I even switched the helmet blue to be a lighter shade). Should be about it for the Cowboys - so hopefully you all enjoy and as always, would love to hear the feedback!

mH466sF.png

6VzWC5X.png

fwmZ1Ee.png

KASuTZq.png

BAkCFVr.png

tPdyLfM.png

While I like the simplicity, you picked the wrong shade of both blue and silver. The navy and flat silver looks bland and generic. The blue-ish silver (paired with a dark royal blue) are legendary Cowboys colors.

• Philly's Phinest changed the title to 2022 NFL Redesign -- Kansas City Chiefs (25 of 32) -- Added 05/09/2022

Kansas City Chiefs (25 of 32)

Next up is Kansas City. While this is nothing earth shattering - I think there are a few things that KC could do to improve their look. Starting off with the helmets - bunch of options here. The classic red with white facemask is the primary. Two different versions of a white helmet with one featuring just an enlarged KC. Yellow option to go with the alt and finally a fauxback of sorts, but instead of the state of TX, we have Missouri with a star on Kansas City. Only have 3 options as of right now and may expand upon these at the end of the series. Red home, white away, yellow alt. As for the changes - took a page out of the Calgary Flames playbook and have separated the sleeve and pant striping. I think it nicely breaks up the red and yellow. The away and yellow alt keep the same sleeve caps as the home set to bring in more color to the look. Lastly, I've changed the number font, but have kept it fairly block.

8ovU6Fo.png

PXFzKj8.png

cdqLO2U.png

Xl1ods2.png

• Like 1

• Philly's Phinest changed the title to 2022 NFL Redesign -- Cincinnati Bengals (26 of 32) -- Added 06/9/2022

Cincinnati Bengals (26 of 32)

After a short hiatus, I'm back with the Bengals. I've always liked their color scheme and have enjoyed their unis over the years. But - there are a few small things I would clean up to make it my ideal look. 3 helmet options here - the classic tiger stripes are the primary. We have a white tiger alt. And lastly, I played around with more of a realistic tiger look where we have the orange on top and the white on the bottom. Kinda funky, but kinda cool I feel. For the unis, we have 5 different looks. Black home, white away, orange alt, White Tiger alt and a full black option. If you followed my 2015 series you'll see I brought back the popular white tiger look which has taken off over the past few years (not saying I was the first, but I was posting it before Cincy started ;)). I wanted to mesh some of their old look with some simplicity. Number font changes to a sharp block and there's more of an emphasis on the black. As always - C&C is appreciated!

ikzMb3J.png

wR8yGwo.png

XmIpzjc.png

paJOY05.png

XzqGpU1.png

sA15Yy6.png

• Like 3

• Philly's Phinest changed the title to 2022 NFL Redesign -- Green Bay Packers (27 of 32) -- Added 06/16/2022

Green Bay Packers (27 of 32)

Next up we have Green Bay. Such an iconic brand with timeless unis. There's not a lot I wanted to change here, but rather just clean up - the main thing I've done is switched to a solid color collar. Home green, white away, color rush / all green alt, and lastly a nod to the Acme Packers. Not a whole lot to say here, so below is what I have for the Green Bay Packers. 

l300S57.png

aRy9cX3.png

nF9FXnt.png

02PuI0l.png

SiHGwwE.png

• Like 2

• Philly's Phinest changed the title to 2022 NFL Redesign -- Philadelphia Eagles (28 of 32) -- Added 06/29/2022

Philadelphia Eagles (28 of 32)

Next up, we have my Philadelphia Eagles. I'm sure most of you have probably seen the horrendous wordmark they just released. My initial reaction was that I don't think it works well with the midnight green and it lacks character. But it does have a retro-modern vibe. Seems to be the way a lot of teams have been going lately. That said, I created a set around this wordmark with that modern-retro style. Now I will say - I truly love the midnight green color scheme, but wouldn't be upset if they changed course. First big change was the color scheme. I took the 90s Kelly Green and have lightened it a bit. Going with the retro vibe, I'm also bringing back the silver / gray into the fold. Next change was the wing on the helmet. The Eagles have one of the best helmets in the game hands down. That doesn't change, however, the detail on the wing has been simplified. Also new is the number font. Again - trying to keep that modern-retro feel, I took elements from the wordmark to create the number font. While the wordmark is italicized, I did not choose to go that route with the numbers. Just not a fan of italicized numbers on unis. Green home, white away and gray alt. All with gray pants, bringing that style back from the 80s and 90s. I am currently working on a city edition here, but running into some designers block. I just can't conjure anything that I'm truly happy with here. Maybe it's because it's my city / team, who knows. So suggestions are appreciated. Also went a little helmet happy, but I was having fun there. Anyway - hope you enjoy what I did with the birds!

O2vqAvT.png

tZHXl40.png

70vSgCL.png

1d6tal4.png

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 1:08 PM, Philly's Phinest said:

Philadelphia Eagles (28 of 32)

Next up, we have my Philadelphia Eagles. I'm sure most of you have probably seen the horrendous wordmark they just released. My initial reaction was that I don't think it works well with the midnight green and it lacks character. But it does have a retro-modern vibe. Seems to be the way a lot of teams have been going lately. That said, I created a set around this wordmark with that modern-retro style. Now I will say - I truly love the midnight green color scheme, but wouldn't be upset if they changed course. First big change was the color scheme. I took the 90s Kelly Green and have lightened it a bit. Going with the retro vibe, I'm also bringing back the silver / gray into the fold. Next change was the wing on the helmet. The Eagles have one of the best helmets in the game hands down. That doesn't change, however, the detail on the wing has been simplified. Also new is the number font. Again - trying to keep that modern-retro feel, I took elements from the wordmark to create the number font. While the wordmark is italicized, I did not choose to go that route with the numbers. Just not a fan of italicized numbers on unis. Green home, white away and gray alt. All with gray pants, bringing that style back from the 80s and 90s. I am currently working on a city edition here, but running into some designers block. I just can't conjure anything that I'm truly happy with here. Maybe it's because it's my city / team, who knows. So suggestions are appreciated. Also went a little helmet happy, but I was having fun there. Anyway - hope you enjoy what I did with the birds!

O2vqAvT.png

tZHXl40.png

70vSgCL.png

1d6tal4.png

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about the new wordmark. That being said, love your concepts. My only gripe is that not too much of a fan of the black helmet. 

Phillies102708_1.pngEagles_15.jpg

On 7/2/2022 at 8:19 PM, rob4671 said:

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about the new wordmark. That being said, love your concepts. My only gripe is that not too much of a fan of the black helmet. 

Agree. The wordmark definitely lacks character, but wanted to see what I could do with it. And yeah the black imo really only works with the midnight green.

• Philly's Phinest changed the title to 2022 NFL Redesign -- Indianapolis Colts (29 of 32) -- Added 07/05/2022

Indianapolis Colts (29 of 32)

Winding down to the last few here. Next we have the Indianapolis Colts. Love what they've done from their number font perspective and the addition of their alternate logo incorporating Indiana. The Colts already have a solid brand - so not a lot of changes here, just a few cleanup items so to speak that I'd like to make. 3 helmet options - the primary being white with a white facemask. I think they should ditch the current gray as we don't see it anywhere else in the branding. Secondary is a blue helmet for a color rush option. And lastly is a white alternate helmet which uses the alt logo and brings back the old blue facemask. Home and away remain virtually unchanged, except for the addition of the chest crest - home "Colts" and away "Indianapolis". The alternate uni is a blend of eras taking the 3 stripe sleeves from the 50s, meshing it with the new C logo as seen on the helmets and adding the horseshoe logo to the left chest. Chest crest also reads "Indianapolis" paying homage to the city / state. Last is a full blue color rush. Usually I'm not a fan of color rush, but I think it works well here. As always - let me know what you think!

EW8m3Rh.png

18jGawv.png

JV13nQf.png

enp5hPX.png

thI5RMV.png

• Like 2

• Philly's Phinest changed the title to 2022 NFL Redesign -- Baltimore Ravens (30 of 32) -- Added 07/06/2022

Baltimore Ravens (30 of 32)

30 of 32 here with Baltimore. I'll start by saying I love the Ravens color scheme and quite frankly love their current sets. However, they are definitely due for an upgrade. As with most of my concepts I've posted, I've tried to put a modern spin on things. 4 different helmet options here with the primary being black. No significant helmet changes. As for the unis - we also have 4 sets. When I think of the Ravens, I think dark deep colors. First, I've darkened the shade of purple. I also have limited this set to just black pants. I really think it works well, but wouldn't be opposed to adding in white. The pants feature similar striping elements that you see on the helmet and through the numbers, but these are offset with one being longer than the other for a stylistic touch. Number font is a block style with slashes through them similar to what you see on the helmet and pant striping. It almost felt sacrilegious to change the number font, but hey, that's what concepts are for. Sleeve striping throughout mimics wings of a raven. I also did want to incorporate the flag in some aspect. Currently, the Ravens use the Maryland flag with both coat of arms. Here, I simplified a bit and focused more on the Baltimore flag / the Calvert portion of the Maryland flag. I've sublimated the shapes onto the shoulders of the jersey. Home purple, white away, black alt and gold alt. The gold is a stretch and not my favorite, but wanted to share. I will also say instead of white - I did dabble with a gray. The gray versions turned out well, but in the end, opted for traditional white. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out. I'd been stuck on Baltimore for a little while and kept falling back into looks that are very similar to what they wear now. I think these are a little outside the box, but are fun. 

h5lNiLa.png

K5e7IVx.png

sbET9cG.png

A6UUyyd.png

lpkyI4V.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Philly's Phinest changed the title to 2022 NFL Redesign -- Los Angeles Rams (31 of 32) -- Added 07/07/2022

Los Angeles Rams (31 of 32)

Next up is the Los Angeles Rams. Safe to say, the Rams have such a strong brand and there were a few elements that I didn't want to stray from. First, the helmet horns. Horns are the only thing that belong on the Rams helmets. One of the best in the league. I actually stuck with the separated horn look here. For the most part, I dig the rebrand, minus the actual Ram logo - so weak. 3 helmet options. Primary is blue, gold alternate with an offset blue facemask and last is a blue and white throwback, but with the current royal blue color the team uses. I see a lot of people darken the shade of blue for the Rams, but their current scheme is so unique and looks great on the field. For the unis - home blue, white away, gold alt and whiteout fauxback alt. Ditched the gradient and number font. All unis feature the horns around the sleeves - another feature that shold be a staple for the Rams. For the home set, I switched things up a bit and went with offset color numbers and nameplates. Numbers are white and the name is gold. I started with the numbers gold, but really like the balance that the white brings. Added the Rams wordmark on the chest. I ditched the chest patch and the back neck patch the Rams currently use for a cleaner look. For the away, I kept the horns gold and the sleeves blue. Again - from a balance perspective, I like the added blue compared to the inversion that the Rams have today. Chest reads "Los Angeles" for the away. Gold alt is simply just gold and blue and have brought in the gold helmets here. Whiteout set is a fauxback of sorts, but simply just going blue and white. Let me know what you think!

k4DwOy2.png

lNq6ujL.png

CXjIpR9.png

R1lJWaY.png

ZG0Kh4j.png

• Like 3

• Philly's Phinest changed the title to 2022 NFL Redesign -- San Diego Chargers (32 of 32) -- Added 07/08/2022

San Diego Chargers (32 of 32)

Yep - you read that right. WE'RE MOVING THE CHARGERS BACK TO SAN DIEGO!! San Diego is a beautiful city, has a thriving baseball team and ballpark and they deserve their football team back. Last team in the series. This was a fun one. I'll start by saying hands down the Chargers have THE BEST unis in the game. No questions asked. As I started this concept, I was struggling on how I could improve the look. I couldn't. So instead of re-creating the wheel, I took a stab at what most teams seem to be doing. Modernizing and minimalizing their looks. Couple things here - I made quite a few sets. I personally love the Chargers powder blue, but, I also really love the navy. That said, we have a navy look and we have a powder look. Personally, with the minimalistic vibe, I like the navy. I literally just could not pick between the two, so both are in my ideal set here haha. Main changes - I've dropped the outlines in most places - numbers, bolt logo. I've also opted to ditch the colored facemask for a white on white cleaner take. Like I said - hard to improve upon what the Chargers currently sport, so I went full on rebrand, and honestly, I really dig it. As always - C&C is appreciated and hope you enjoy. 

HJZS5FS.png

r0leurm.png

dpsJiKU.png

kIRTiWj.png

krbFbCb.png

2u2Ny4D.png

0fJW832.png

• Love 1

These are really good, couple things I did notice, having gone through them all. 

1: no logos (other than numbers) on Cleveland’s helmets, the logos just don’t work for Cleveland. 

2: ONE PIECE HORN FOR THE RAMS. That broken horn was the worst thing they ever came up with. 

3: The Chargers’ powder blue should be the primary, not the dark blue. I’d use that for the throwback only. 

4: LOVE the Kelly green for the Eagles. They need to use those in real life. 

• Philly's Phinest changed the title to 2022 NFL Redesign -- Week 1 Matchups / Series Wrap -- Added 07/09/2022
1 hour ago, CLEFAN94 said:

These are really good, couple things I did notice, having gone through them all. 

1: no logos (other than numbers) on Cleveland’s helmets, the logos just don’t work for Cleveland. 

2: ONE PIECE HORN FOR THE RAMS. That broken horn was the worst thing they ever came up with. 

3: The Chargers’ powder blue should be the primary, not the dark blue. I’d use that for the throwback only. 

4: LOVE the Kelly green for the Eagles. They need to use those in real life. 

Thanks so much for the feedback. Cleveland was actually one of the teams I went back and tried again. I wasn't feeling my first design that much. I went with something similar to more of what they wear today (which I think they hit the nail on the head with their most recent redesign. I actually don't really mind the two piece horn that much. It's sort of grown on me, but I wouldn't be opposed to them going back to the one piece. I honestly could go either way for the Chargers. Love both looks, but figured most would prefer the powder as it's so unique. And yes - totally agree on the Eagles. Would be a nice breath of fresh air. Glad you enjoyed my work!

Week 1 Matchups

I first want to say thank you to everyone for all of the feedback and likes throughout my series here. I really had fun with all of these. There may be a few teams that I go back and revisit (Browns - done, Jaguars and maybe the Niners), but overall, I'm really happy with how this series turned out. Now that all teams are finished - I wanted to share what the Week 1 matchups would look like based on all of my designs. As always - thanks for stopping by and checking out my work! Enjoy!

LiwNAtu.png

7UxFhfn.png

5aP8OvK.png

OzlDrSR.png

XXMEopg.png

E4OkmKc.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1