MLB x NIKE Refresh (Cleveland Guardians City Connect + Full Inspired Set)

MJD7

3 hours ago, Axe said:

Here's hoping they will. I do miss their original look. This is a gorgeous set!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Didn't the Cards used to have a red jersey? I'd say they need one.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe they've only ever worn in for batting practice/Spring Training. The Cards' president has heavily hinted that their upcoming City Connect will be red, though (my guess is it'll be inspired by the St. Louis flag), so be on the lookout for that.

2 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

What about filling the word marks in with the gradient instead of using it as a stroke?

I tried, but it made it look more like a direct throwback, when I was going for a bit of a modernization. It also prevents the ray from having the matching outline:

g2JM8YK.png

I like it, but I think I prefer the gradient as the outline.

• Like 1

Detroit Tigers City Connect

I don't mind the Tigers' City uniform they released yesterday, but I wanted to try something more directly tied to the Tigers' brand and history, while still incorporating the Detroit inspiration.

J9sE5ga.png

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Detroit Tigers City Connect)

Cleveland Guardians City Connect

The main thing I haven't liked about the City Connects so far is the tendency to use abbreviations, so instead I went with "the Land." Otherwise I really like Cleveland's City design, so not much changes beyond adding the new logo to the sleeve.

R9ywHoF.png

• Like 15

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Cleveland Guardians City Connect)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Cleveland Guardians City Connect + Full Inspired Set)
On 5/14/2024 at 3:22 PM, CLEstones said:

Those jersey concepts somehow make the wordmark and font less terrible.  The block font is just so bad, but oddly enough, it's like the only thing that would match the script wordmark... which has grown on me over the last couple years.

I honestly really like the Guardians’ script and wordmark, I think their rebrand went about as smoothly as it possibly could have. I would love to see them use the City Connect as a “soft” redesign with the darker red & these stripes, though.

On 5/14/2024 at 6:29 PM, Axe said:

I really dig the stripes for Cleveland. I do like the idea of a deeper red, too, although not with navy. Maybe if they shared the same color pallet as the Cavaliers...?

I actually really like the darker red (for synchronicity with the Cavs, I’ll call it “wine”), something about it really seems to work for Cleveland, at least to me. Are you referring to the Cavs’ current scheme of wine & metallic gold? Because they have used wine & navy in the past, too, albeit with athletic gold as an accent.

21 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I honestly really like the Guardians’ script and wordmark, I think their rebrand went about as smoothly as it possibly could have. I would love to see them use the City Connect as a “soft” redesign with the darker red & these stripes, though.

I actually really like the darker red (for synchronicity with the Cavs, I’ll call it “wine”), something about it really seems to work for Cleveland, at least to me. Are you referring to the Cavs’ current scheme of wine & metallic gold? Because they have used wine & navy in the past, too, albeit with athletic gold as an accent.

Yeah, exactly. The white and gold. More specifically, the early 2010's scheme that they had was close to perfect.

VHj90kn.png