New Eagles concept - based (loosely) on the new wordmark

oldschoolvikings

I was fooling around trying to come up with a number font I didn't hate that would work somewhat with the new wordmark. To make it a bit better for the jerseys I had to shrink the inner notch, and I got rid of the italics just because I don't like it.

Midnight green and sliver only.

I'm not sure this would be my first choice, but I don't hate it.

spacer.png

• Like 13

Get rid of the notches and Viking sails and that's a pretty good modern number font. They don't need all the extra little details to be cohesive with the wordmark, as long as they look like they're in the same family. The uniforms are a definite upgrade over what they have, and a nice blend of eras. The helmet wings do look a bit weird with the green outline though.

spacer.png

Big-time upgrade for the Eagles, number font and color scheme both look much better than what they have currently. I do think you could keep the black trim on the helmet logo, it really helps the wing pop... but the silver trim looks solid as well. 

This is essentially my ideal look for the Eagles. I wouldn’t really change a thing. I love midnight green and silver so long as it’s actually the correct green, not teal like it’s become with the Nike materials. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, burgundy said:

Get rid of the notches and Viking sails and that's a pretty good modern number font. They don't need all the extra little details to be cohesive with the wordmark, as long as they look like they're in the same family. The uniforms are a definite upgrade over what they have, and a nice blend of eras.

OK, here's the same font with the doo-dads and gizmos lopped off...

spacer.png

I think it's probably hard to argue with the idea that the simplified version is a better looking font... it just is.  However, I'm not sure it fulfills the basic goal of what I set out to do, which is create a font that would visually recall the new wordmark, but still be usable. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

OK, here's the same font with the doo-dads and gizmos lopped off...

spacer.png

I think it's probably hard to argue with the idea that the simplified version is a better looking font... it just is.  However, I'm not sure it fulfills the basic goal of what I set out to do, which is create a font that would visually recall the new wordmark, but still be usable. 

That does look much better, but I understand what you mean about it not fitting your original goal. I have some ideas that might work if you'd like to try it. In the wordmark, only the E has the swoopy notch, and it leads into the middle stroke. I suggest trying the notch only on the middle of 3, 6, 8 and 9, with the 8 having a second, flipped notch that aligns with the bottom line of the middle stroke. The tail serif could still work, but  looks a little wonky on the 7. Maybe take a cue from the top of the A and have a vertical stroke before going diagonal? Like the Bucs' 7.

spacer.png

• Like 1

spacer.png