"Major League" Game - Guardians vs. Brewers

coco1997

This tweet gave me an idea. What might a "Major League" game look like? Sure, you could just put Cleveland and Milwaukee in the uniforms they were wearing back in 1989, but that's a little boring. I wanted to try something more fun.

GUARDIANS:

Major-League-Series-Guardians.png

The Guardians were pretty straightforward. No longer called the "Indians" as they were when the film released in 1989, I dropped all references to that name while otherwise staying true to the racing striped uniforms the team wore in 1989 and in "Major League 2." I thought about replacing "Indians" with a block "Guardians" script but ultimately decided against it. The road set is based on the team's batting practice jerseys from the time, with the movie logo replacing Chief Wahoo. 

BREWERS:

Major-League-Series-Brewers-royal-blue.p

The Brewers are where I got to flex my creative muscle a bit more. It's safe to say Mr. Parkins paired Milwaukee with Cleveland because the Brewers are the team the real Bob Uecker announces for (as opposed to the fictional Indians announcer Harry Doyle he portrays in the film). The home set is based on the uniform Uecker wore when he began his playing career in 1962 with Milwaukee--then the Braves--with some Brewers elements worked in, namely the "Brewers" script of the American Association team and a stalk of wheat replacing the tomahawk. The away is modeled after Milwaukee's road look from 1971--the year Mr. Baseball's legendary broadcasting career commenced in Milwaukee.  While I used the Brewers' current lettering and number style, the most distinctive elements of those '71 uniforms remain: a powder blue base, gold scripts & numbers and captain's stripes on the sleeves. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...

The Brewers-Braves hybrid looks as good in Braves colors as it does in Brewers colors 😎

(No, coco didn't show me beforehand, I'm just reminded of an old Brewers concept of mine (same idea here, but several differences)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬