Premier Hockey Federation Redesigned by DT Concepts

DTConcepts

Hey all! I'm back with yet another hockey concept series, this time with a redesign of the world's highest-caliber women's hockey league, Premier Hockey Federation.

I'll be redesigning each of the league's seven teams' jerseys, giving each team an Identity and Clash uniform. The Identity uniforms are below and are meant to be encapsulations of each team's brand. The Clash uniforms are meant to be worn whenever two teams' Identity uniforms clash too much and are secondary to the Identity jerseys.

Anyways, enough talk. Here are the concepts:

SxmmNW7.png

Each team's look is meant to be unique. The color palettes, striping patterns, and overall vibes of the uniforms are designed to be distinct, hence the 'Identity' uniform moniker. Each team's jersey has design touches made to be distinctive, building both off each community's hockey history and the teams' individual identities. Here are some mockups of the jerseys that provide a bit of a clearer look at each design:

IdQT830.png

I'll post each team's Clash uniforms here in a couple days. As for the Identity uniforms, what do y'all think?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jbird669 said:

I really like the logos and uni concepts. IMHO, the names on a most of them need work. They just don't roll off the tongue. 

My thoughts as well. Connecticut Whale? I understand they want to make reference to the legendary Whalers and probably can't/ don't want to use their exact branding/ naming but Whale is pretty bad imo.  Whereas, Pride is a decent enough name but seems a bit of a token women's sports team name, almost like the 'female' counterpart of lions. 

Regarding the designs, I really like the Beauts, Six, and Riveters. The striping on each team is aesthetically pleasing while distinct. The Riveters is an especially well done take on an otherwise pretty common color scheme. Good work!

On 10/28/2022 at 11:09 AM, jbird669 said:

IMHO, the names on a most of them need work. They just don't roll off the tongue. 

On 10/28/2022 at 12:20 PM, jackkmart said:

Regarding the designs, I really like the Beauts, Six, and Riveters. The striping on each team is aesthetically pleasing while distinct. The Riveters is an especially well done take on an otherwise pretty common color scheme. Good work!

These aren't really things I have any control over as a concept creator. I don't disagree with y'all, but I also don't get to choose the teams' names ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 10/27/2022 at 8:51 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

Why are T6 in a mostly white jersey while the others are colour?  It would make much more sense for the  base colour to be either black or red.

I played around with putting the Six into a black/red jersey, but I liked the way a white base incorporated the color scheme. There's nothing saying a given team's Identity jersey has to have a dark base, but I get why it feels odd only having one team with a white Identity sweater.

I mocked up red and black versions of the Six's Identity uniform anyways, though. I like the white one best, but the black one also isn't that bad imo. Let me know what y'all think!

aLefV5t.png

mw4XGsp.png

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 4:08 PM, DTConcepts said:

These aren't really things I have any control over as a concept creator. I don't disagree with y'all, but I also don't get to choose the teams' names ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't understand. These are real teams or anything. You can do whatever you want, LOL. 

N3d5IIl.png

1 hour ago, jbird669 said:

I don't understand. These are real teams or anything. You can do whatever you want, LOL. 

Please tell me you're kidding. 

Anyways, let's get on to the Clash uniforms.

You'll notice right out the gate that the Clash jerseys aren't as expressive as the Identity jerseys, and that's intentional. There's much more black and white as opposed to unique color schemes, which is the nature of having a clashing jersey set. I tried to give each team a new jersey design altogether, so as to further explore each team's identity.

QWoPVrn.png

You'll notice a few unique design choices here. The Pride's jerseys are loosely based on the Boston Bruins' dark jerseys, the Whale's jerseys are modeled after the Hartford Whalers' WHA look, the Riveters' jerseys are another take on the team's "Black Rosie" jerseys, and the rest are all unique.

Like with the Identity jerseys, I also put together a bunch of jersey-centric mockups. Here they are:

WC1YOla.jpg

I'll have a few more specialty jerseys here in another couple days. In the meantime, what do you think of the clash jerseys? Any tweaks or changes I should make? Let me know!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jbird669 said:

bro... these 100 % ARE real teams

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.