Playing Around with the Twins' New Look

coco1997

Hi there,

While I'm all in all a fan of the new Twins' uniform set, I wanted to experiment with it a bit. I will go back and add the new logos (state outline and crossed flags) when flat images of them become available.

TWINS 2023 HOME:

First up, the home set with a red crowned cap:

Twins-2023-Home-Tweak.png

Next, I wanted to see how the home set would look in cream instead of plain white:

Twins-2023-Home-Tweak-cream.png

TWINS 2023 ROAD:

Not necessarily advocating for this, but I wanted to see if the new road would work in powder blue:

Twins-2023-Road-Tweak.png

TWINS 2023 HOME ALT:

A pretty straightforward red home alt option:

Twins-2023-Home-Alt-2.png

TWINS 2023 HOME ALT:

I've been trying to figure out the best way to fix/improve the new home "Twin Cities" alt which I personally find quite boring and unnecessary, so I've worked up a few options. First is a version that adds subtle pinstripes (a la the new road unis) and a touch of red:

Twins-2023-Twin-Cities-Alt-cream.png

Next is a powder blue spin on the previous design. I suppose this could be worn both at home and away:

Twins-2023-Twin-Cities-Alt-tweak.png

This one is an inverted version of the actual design, a monochrome navy set loosely inspired by this Washington Senators look with darker cream: 

Twins-2023-Home-Alt-mono-navy.png

Lastly, as I shared in another thread, a design that puts the new "M" logo front and center with more pronounced navy pinstripes: 

Twins-2023-Home-Alt-Tweak.png

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Meh 1

21 hours ago, mcrosby said:

The star for the i is perfect. Love it. 

16 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

The stars over the I's is what that look needed. Nice job

Thanks! I can't take full credit for the stars above the "i's" idea, as I got if from @Victormrey

Also, courtesy of @MJD7, sleeve patches have been added to my original post!

I also wanted to share another idea I had for the "Twin Cities" alt, also inspired by MJD7's City Edition Twins concept:

Twins-2023-Twin-Cities-alt-split-style.p

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I feel the recent uniform tweaks and identity changes have been nice but far from perfect. This is a nice example of it, and how the teams have had some missed opportunities.

I think the star on the wordmarks is such a simple change with a huge impact, specially in a contrasting colour 👌🏻 The updated City Edition uni looks amazing, and the script perfect fits the theme.

Great job!

• Like 1