Winter Classic '24 - Green Bay

Kirill_The_Thrill97

Event Logo:

fhXzn7F.png

Uniforms:

Mp4AkCp.png

The Wild take heavy inspiration from the Vikings, with the team's UCLA shoulder stripes from their 1990s away uniforms, and putting a jersey number on the front instead of a crest. The Blackhawks uniforms are inspired by their traditional home uniforms, with black and red switched and the arm stripes made larger. The C logo is taken from the team's shoulder patches as a nod to the Bears. The Blackhawks jerseys have the player's number inside the C logo. The CHI wordmark on the arms is also a nod to the Bears' GSH logo on their sleeves. Both teams feature oversized helmet logos, taken from football design.

Team Logos:

UmzZFz3.png

Game Ice Design:

rBkbj4O.png

Broadcast Graphic:

jugEIWi.png

The game's broadcast graphic is based off 80s and 90s NFL design. The game's broadcast will use retro NHL and TNT logos.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

If you're going Vikings with the Wild you should probably go Bears with the Hawks. 

You were right, this is much better. It feels like the orange and blue was the original and the black/red/yellow was a recolor of it, instead of the other way around. Also makes it so the hawks, wild, and the game doesn't feature yellow. That way theres not an over use of yellow.

j6wJzEM.png

• Like 4

On 12/4/2022 at 5:14 PM, Kirill_The_Thrill97 said:

You were right, this is much better. It feels like the orange and blue was the original and the black/red/yellow was a recolor of it, instead of the other way around. Also makes it so the hawks, wild, and the game doesn't feature yellow. That way theres not an over use of yellow.

j6wJzEM.png

Even though the franchises don't share a common ownership, I'm sure that the Blackhawks would have GSH on one of the sleeves as a tribute.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not to take away from your work, but Wild-Hawks would go over like a fart in church at Lambeau. Especially if they did Vikings-Bears cosplay.  There's no way an NHL game could happen in Green Bay without the Detroit Red Wings.

The basic rule of thumb with Wisconsin NHL fandom is "What border are you closest to?" So Western Wisconsin tends to go for the Wild. The I-94 corridor (Metro Milwaukee, on down through Kenosha) is Blackhawks country. Except for the smattering of Admirals loyalists who root for the Predators.

Green Bay/Northeast Wisconsin is full of transplants from Upper Michigan. So much so that Red Wings games were shown on Green Bay television back in the day. My grandparents lived just south of there when I was growing up and I got to see the Russian Five because of it.

In other words. Hawks-Wings at Lambeau probably would work. Wild-Wings probably would too. But Hawks-Wild definitely would not.