infrared41's Best and Worst: NFL Week 14 - 2022

Week 14 was the last bye week. We're back to a full slate of games for the rest of the season. I hope that means we'll see an increase in good match ups, but I wouldn't count on it. Let's get on with the show...

BEST

1. Buccaneers - 49ers: Two of the best looks in the league. What else can you ask for? Well, for starters, better socks (looking at you in particular, Tampa.) That aside, this one was the easy choice for the top spot this week. Great looking game...from the knees up.

F46qfiH.jpg

2. Ravens - Steelers: Last week, if you had asked me the chances of the Ravens in purple pants making the best list, let alone the #2 spot, I would have said "slim and none." Ask me again today and I'll tell you that even I'm surprised by how much I liked this Ravens look.  I must be mellowing with age or something.

jku3Yss.jpg

3. Browns - Bengals: This one could have been a complete disaster. Honestly, I was expecting the Bengals in all black and the Browns in white over brown. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they decided on the best possible match up. When these two aren't screwing around with mono-black, mono-brown, brown pants, orange over black, and so on, they have two of the best looks in the league. Well done, idiots. The only downside to watching this game was seeing Deshaun Watson sullying a Browns uniform.

iViOuOT.jpg

4. Eagles - Giants: Solid, good looking match up. As usual.

u8lvMqc.jpg

5. Texans - Cowboys: I'm still a fan of the Texans look, but it could use some minor tweaks. Better jersey stripes and maybe lose the sleeve numbers. Nothing drastic, just tighten it up a little. The Cowboys looked great as usual.

h3H3QO3.jpg

WORST

1. The Arizona Cardinals: Enough with this disaster already. The best combo in the Cards set is God-awful. All red? Since this is a family show, I'll keep it at you looked like bottles of Heinz ketchup running around out there. You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, Arizona? Keep the helmet and throw the rest of this nightmare in the trash. I would say it's outlived its usefulness, but it never had any.

Cf78y0y.jpg

2. Jaguars - Titans: This one was butt-ugly. I can't add anything to that.

GIQHZe3.jpg

3. Jets - Bills: The Bills could have saved themselves from a spot on the worst list. There's nothing the Jets can do but run out the clock on their terrible uniforms.

8ItuLbi.jpg

And that's a wrap, kids.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

My wife owns a pair of teal leggings that are almost that exact same color. They look good on her. They look very silly on the Jaguars. If they wore black socks that actually would’ve been a pretty sharp look. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

I personally would have flip-flopped 1 & 2, but that's just personal preference due to the greater color contrast. Unless or until they figure out a better striping scheme, the Ravens really need to keep that as their default away set. 

Re: the Jaguars...I definitely believe they should inject as much teal as possible whenever possible--but that ain't the way to do it. Definitely needed the black socks with those teal pants (which somehow have been appearing much brighter of late, I've noticed). 

No words on the Snatit, except an update can't come soon enough...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I know LA’s uniforms aren’t exactly everyone’s cup of tea, but Rams-Raiders was a fantastic looking matchup

spacer.png

I still think the logos for the Rams are booty cheeks, but the uniforms have grown and continue to grow on me. Plus relegating bone to an alternate status helped immensely. 

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

36 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

I still think the logos for the Rams are booty cheeks, but the uniforms have grown and continue to grow on me. Plus relegating bone to an alternate status helped immensely. 

Assuming they stay away from bone and stick with exclusively white over yellow and blue over yellow, the only thing keeping me from loving these uniforms is the gradient numbers. Make them solid yellow, and I can get past the number texture and segmented horn elements. With the gradient numbers, all the silly design choices feel more noticeable.

• Like 6

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I know LA’s uniforms aren’t exactly everyone’s cup of tea, but Rams-Raiders was a fantastic looking matchup

spacer.png

Unpopular opinion: the Raiders should make this their permanent away look again.

Yeah, I know, it's eschewing tradition, but there is historical precedent for it, the silver numbers look beautiful, and they match the home jersey (silver numbers, black outline).

• Applause 2

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I went back and forth on that one. Couldn't get past all the things I don't like about that Rams combo. Good colors and not much else.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg