Seattle Kraken Alt Concept UPDATED 2/6

B-mer

I saw someone do something similar to this i think before we had the official jersey release for the Kraken, but i couldn't find the image i saw to give credit. Here's something using the navy and red stripe arrangement as the primary element, while being a subtle Metros nod. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

As I was looking at the first one, I thought to myself, "This could use one of the other shades of blue as well." Then I scrolled down and my wishes were instantly granted. 😁 

These are both a tad jarring because the Kraken don't use more white than absolutely necessary in their branding, and both of these feel very white-forward. But I'm not against it. The dark blue stripes on the arms could be so the numbers don't come right to the edges of them. But yeah, all in all, a solid concept that bends the rules of the Kraken's branding but doesn't break them.

• Like 1

Thanks @officeglenn, that's kind of where I came from with this being white. I did make other versions of this in the two blue/green tones, but in my mind i was thinking of their home, roads, and the reverse retro, and since that one is the sea green I eliminated that option for myself. And then the blue one just seems so drab, i thought the white had more oomph to it. Here those are though for comparison:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, B-mer said:

Thanks @officeglenn, that's kind of where I came from with this being white. I did make other versions of this in the two blue/green tones, but in my mind i was thinking of their home, roads, and the reverse retro, and since that one is the sea green I eliminated that option for myself. And then the blue one just seems so drab, i thought the white had more oomph to it. Here those are though for comparison:

spacer.png

spacer.png

If you're gonna go with a light blue base, might I suggest using the darker shade underneath the striping and the lighter shade above? That'd help it pop a bit more. Perhaps white number would work better as well, but as is they're fine. With the white jersey, it feels like the color scheme just isn't being fully utilized.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

• B-mer changed the title to Seattle Kraken Alt Concept UPDATED 2/6
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just found this thread and honestly, I think out of all of them, the first is the strongest look. It emphasizes the logo and the number. All the other concepts the logos and the numbers are muddied by the colors and get lost in the jersey.

• Like 1