WBC '23 x Nike - 20/20 (Venezuela)

Victormrey

USA - I think there might be a little too much going on with this design. Could we see the home and road jerseys with a single outline around the block “USA,” or maybe even no outline so that it matches the front numbers? I also agree with @MJD7 that same-sized, evenly spaced stars would work better on the home alt so they look less like a star field.

DR - I love stacked wordmarks, and I wish more teams used them. This is a timeless-looking set and one of the best in this series!

Israel - Love the Pirates inspired pinstripes. Very original! I’d probably make the Star of David on the road jersey white so that it pops better against the sleeve. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 4/5/2023 at 4:35 PM, mahnkej said:

Israel is beautiful! Love the double pinstripes + sky blue, it works really well for this team. Easily much better than anything they've worn on the field.

Thanks, mate! I really appreciate the support!

On 4/5/2023 at 7:37 PM, coco1997 said:

USA - I think there might be a little too much going on with this design. Could we see the home and road jerseys with a single outline around the block “USA,” or maybe even no outline so that it matches the front numbers? I also agree with @MJD7 that same-sized, evenly spaced stars would work better on the home alt so they look less like a star field.

DR - I love stacked wordmarks, and I wish more teams used them. This is a timeless-looking set and one of the best in this series!

Israel - Love the Pirates inspired pinstripes. Very original! I’d probably make the Star of David on the road jersey white so that it pops better against the sleeve. 

Thank you for the nice feedback 😉 I'll be tweaking the US set and the Israel jersey in the following days!

• Like 1

Now, let's move on to Nicaragua!

The set is inspired by this uniform, adding athletic gold to make the team colours stand out from the crowd. I have also used two hues of blue which, like their coat of arms, seek to represent both the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea that surround the country. Also, I've used a tweaked version of their current wordmark, to add a little bit more of character:

EhVAycm.png

JWLO9vm.png

CjbWWga.png

oqEjsz6.png

• Like 5

• Victormrey changed the title to WBC '23 x Nike - 18/20 (Nicaragua)

Israel looks great! Like @coco1997, I think something could be done to make the logos on the powder away more readable, I do think there are a lot of options for how to do that though: You could make the logos white, possibly with a royal blue outline, or blue with a white outline. Making the pinstripes royal blue might help, too. 

For Nicaragua, I’m not sure you need two different shades of blue, especially when they appear to be so similar. The added gold makes me think of Colombia at first, but given that Nicaragua doesn’t have any red, and there appears to be precedent, it works. 

Looking forward to the last couple of teams!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Israel looks great! Like @coco1997, I think something could be done to make the logos on the powder away more readable, I do think there are a lot of options for how to do that though: You could make the logos white, possibly with a royal blue outline, or blue with a white outline. Making the pinstripes royal blue might help, too. 

For Nicaragua, I’m not sure you need two different shades of blue, especially when they appear to be so similar. The added gold makes me think of Colombia at first, but given that Nicaragua doesn’t have any red, and there appears to be precedent, it works. 

Looking forward to the last couple of teams!

Thanks! What about making one of the blue shades for Nicaragua navy?

Also, here you have the couple of tweaks suggested by @coco1997 and you!

Dominican Republic: I got rid of the navy accents, keeping the flag inspiration:

LU0WIF4.png

USA: for the home, I have make the wordmark just navy (with a white faux-border), while keeping the alternating pins. Also, I added the flag design from the flag canton on the red alt:

eQu1p0j.png

iDZM4Oy.png

Israel: I inverted the colour from the mid-blue alternate jersey:

mbZO6Yj.png

What do you guys think?

• Like 3

23 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Improvements all around!

For Nicaragua, I agree with @MJD7 that you probably don't need two shades of blue unless you were to darken the deeper shade significantly. So yeah, I'd see how it looks with navy blue. 

Thank you 😉 I'm glad you like the tweaks. And thanks again for the suggestions!

Here's what Nicaragua looks like with navy+blue:

BZVbP1Z.png

• Like 1

2 teams left! And it's Boricua time:

Puerto Rico's main home and road designs are inspired by the uniforms used during the 1958 Caribbean Series, which featured Roberto Clemente and Vic Power as main stars. I decided to use the current basketball's wordmark, since I think it sort of looks like a modern take on that '58 script. On the other hand, the alternate jersey is based on this picture I found (unknwon year):

iMIwfvp.png

uCigmIa.png

wCmt2t5.png

PTMNzBl.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Victormrey changed the title to WBC '23 x Nike - 19/20 (Puerto Rico)

On to the final team and my home country! Venezuela:

The inspiration behind the set are the Heroes of '41, who won the Amateur World Series, Venezuela's first baseball international trophy. For the home jersey I used their unique"V" logo, adding the 8 stars from the national flag in athletic gold. The wordmark on the road and alt jerseys is a simple block script with the home's "V" added:

gTpZC6Q.png

4L9TtFM.png

Hjm2svj.png

rIHkRZA.png

I would like to thank everyone who has taken part in the series by providing feedback and suggestions!

• Like 3

• Victormrey changed the title to WBC '23 x Nike - 20/20 (Venezuela)