The Washington League - 7/? (Olympia, Cascades Ski)

jackkmart

The Washington League

Seattle Division

Ballard Nautical Club

Husky SC

Fremont Republic

Rain City

Renton Aviators

Olympics Division

Olympia Capitals

Joint Base

Fort Vancouver

Cascades Division

Mt Baker

Cascades Ski Club

Skagit County

Oak Harbor

Blaine Bordermen

Northern Division

Omak Highlanders

Columbia Division

Walla Walla SC

Golden Plains

I'm back to start yet another series I probably won't finish... 🫠 

This series is obviously heavily inspired by the ongoing 'Alabama Soccer League' by @RevNet and the 'Oregon League' by @TheGiantsFan. Huge fan of both series! I, like GiantsFan, recently moved to the PNW (Seattle specifically) and to learn more about my new surroundings and give myself a creative outlet/project in my free time, I decided to create a soccer league for the state.

I'm not going to commit myself to a certain number of teams at the outset but I would like to complete somewhere between 30 and 50 teams all original and all in (or nearly in) the state of Washington. 

The teams are going to be somewhat realistically spread across the state with larger population centers getting more teams with some surprises here and there to allow a little more creative agency. 

Will likely upload a map here once I complete 10 or more teams

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I should also mention, for my uniforms I'm using a template I (re)created for newer jersey cuts that are sketched based on @raysox's newer template that I'm not sure he ever released (which can be found here). Anyway, I took the basic shape and design and created versions with newer jersey designs in mind for the major manufacturers as you'll see throughout the series. 

Also, like GiantsFan, I will use Soccer unless otherwise stated just to maintain continuity.

Seattle Division

Husky SC

U District, Seattle, WA

spacer.png

The first of many teams in Seattle!

Columbia Division

Walla Walla SC

Walla Walla, WA

spacer.png

Walla Walla, home of the Walla Walla Onion!

Details:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

---

Will add details/ more in-depth explanations later on when I flesh these concepts out more

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• jackkmart changed the title to The Washington League - 3/? (Walla Walla, Husky SC, Ballard)
  • jackkmart changed the title to The Washington League - 4/? (Renton)

My goodness, these concepts are INCREDIBLE! These team/kit aesthetics are really putting up a fight across the Columbia :) 

These first four teams are so crisp, and Walla Walla (even if the W monogram seems a liiiittle phallic, in my opinion) & Ballard are my favorites so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of the teams as well as the design explanations for these!

I probably know as much about Washington state as you do, but you should definitely do a Bavarian-style team for Leavenworth

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, TheGiantsFan said:

My goodness, these concepts are INCREDIBLE! These team/kit aesthetics are really putting up a fight across the Columbia :) 

These first four teams are so crisp, and Walla Walla (even if the W monogram seems a liiiittle phallic, in my opinion) & Ballard are my favorites so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of the teams as well as the design explanations for these!

I probably know as much about Washington state as you do, but you should definitely do a Bavarian-style team for Leavenworth

Thank you so much! I really, really enjoy your CSL and Oregon League series so this praise means a lot!

Now that you mention the phallic nature of the Walla Walla logo I can't unsee it 😂.  I think I'll keep it and rivals can make fun of them for years to come. Also, I had to create the obligatory Onion team. 

With regard to Leavenworth, I stumbled across the town's Wikipedia page while researching locations and I had a similar idea. A Swiss/Bavarian style team is definitely the move there.

• Love 1

As someone who lives in Washington State, I can definitely pitch in with this project. Here's a few ideas for teams.

-As @TheGiantsFan mentioned, Leavenworth is a must. They should a Bavarian style for it since it is well known for being like Bavaria in Central Washington.

-I notice that there isn't much for SW Washington on here, so that will need to be taken care of. Here's a few ideas to help with that.

-Vancouver: Fort Vancouver SC (The fort is a major part of the city's history. If you're looking for a shirt sponsor, I would suggest Zoominfo for that - a local software and data company)

-Longview/Kelso: Three Rivers United (The 'Three Rivers' name stems from the fact that there are three rivers in the area - The Cowlitz, the Coweeman and the Columbia. The colors should have some combination of blue (the high schools have blue), red (for R.A Long High School in Longview) and brown (for the paper making industry). As for shirt sponsor? Easy - Kapstone. Once known as Longview Fibre, this company is known for cardboard. You could also use Weyerhaeuser here instead as they built the world's largest sawmill in Longview in 1931)

• Like 1

• jackkmart changed the title to The Washington League - 5/? (Fort Vancouver)

Love this so far! Definitely a great start, as others have said, and I'm excited to see what else you create. The kit designs and color choices have been really sharp.

22 hours ago, jackkmart said:

With regard to Leavenworth, I stumbled across the town's Wikipedia page while researching locations and I had a similar idea. A Swiss/Bavarian style team is definitely the move there.

It's funny you stumbled across Leavenworth's wiki page because I literally stumbled upon the town last summer and was confused af. I stopped for brunch with my SO and had no idea that there was a Bavarian tourist trap in Washington state lol. Something I noticed amongst a lot of the souvenirs was not only Bavarian-inspired stuff, but also PNW imagery like Bigfoot. Mashing those two themes together could make a really cool team.

• Like 1

• jackkmart changed the title to The Washington League - 7/? (Olympia, Cascades Ski)