2023 NHL Offseason Thread

LMU

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Agreed. It's always cool and special to watch a Final with a franchise that has the chance to clinch their first title, sometimes after decades without much or any success. That certainly beats Warriors win lol or Yankees win lol.

That was why I was rooting for Denver to be NBA Champions, even though I like Jimmy Butler.   I have my doubts about getting a first time World Series Champion or first time Super Bowl Champion over the next six months.  

On 8/19/2023 at 7:01 PM, GDAWG said:

That was why I was rooting for Denver to be NBA Champions, even though I like Jimmy Butler.   I have my doubts about getting a first time World Series Champion or first time Super Bowl Champion over the next six months.  

Well there are only 6 MLB franchises without a World Series, and we could see 4 of them make the playoffs, so it seems like better odds than most years.

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Well there are only 6 MLB franchises without a World Series, and we could see 4 of them make the playoffs, so it seems like better odds than most years.

Sure, but the Braves are red hot right now, so it won't be easy.

I would love to see 4 first time champions in a span of a year but I can't see that happening.  We almost had it in 2019 with the Raptors, Blues and Nationals.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely wasn't expecting this. I figured he'd wait until after the season to sign, especially after seeing how much money Stutzle left on the table by signing before the season last year. Obviously it's a bit of a gamble considering the sample size, but everything I've seen from Sanderson has been extremely impressive. He was arguably the team's best defenseman last season, and could very well be the clear #1 guy after this year.

Very nice to have the whole core locked up without a single guy making $8.5M.