Heavy's What if the AFL didn't exist thread - Part XLVIII Wave 3: Albany ((Thread Complete))

heavybass

17 minutes ago, SpidersReorg said:

Well, I can't.

Dallas Texans is the only one not showing for me. 

Call me a negative Nancy all you want, but I don’t see a real purpose of posting the same uniforms they wear in real life over and over again in a “concepts” section haha .. but you do you man 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

"pulls thread lever back up"

Alright and now to put in the last of the 'safe' teams for now... NFL has two West teams that are considered stalwards and pillars of west coast football.... talking about the niners and the rams.

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

AJFCJaUNS43k6_YTvgX772rGWLa4FFu6Rv4PMF8D

LOS ANGELES RAMS

AJFCJaUM-nlr7yVcQe6AdcgBxn_siIOO-DySmWqk

And the link to those who can't see the above - https://imgur.com/a/Fh44HF5

"pulls lever back up"

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Dislike 1

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if the AFL didn't exist thread - Part VII and VIII: The San Francisco 49ers and the Los Angeles Rams
  • heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if the AFL didn't exist thread - Part IX The Florida Blazers

The American Football League doesn't exist... that's the first thing I wanted to get off my chest, instead the Athletic Football League existed where 6 teams formerly with the AFL that couldn't get a league going worked with new partners in the WFL to create a league specifically tailored to their needs.... this worked for a time but as it turned out, it was not easy.... they had plans to expand to Kansas City and Denver but their rivals the NFL beat them to the punch to say... so they expanded into Atlanta and New Orleans to take advantage of the Southern Block of the US that the Athletic Football League held over.

When the leagues eventually merged the Athletic Football League became the Athletic Football Conference and most teams that founded the AFL originally were placed there... that's the history of this AFL.

Anyway back to what I was saying... Florida was a haven for football teams in the AFL at the time and there were 3 teams that occupied that precious spot but Florida Heat became the biggest enemy of this group of teams and whilst 2 adapted to the heat, the last one was forced to relocate because of a death.

The first of these two teams is of course....

FLORIDA BLAZERS

AIL4fc95rDORO8m75s8gUfiAfyHALn3RCyFRwT7h

The Blazers and their blaze like appearance gave me some ideas actually..... adding an orange to the colour listing and then adopting the color scheme from NASA itself creates this bright vibrant scheme that is set off by their metallic helmet.... the Blazers and NASA's long friendship goes back to the disaster of the Challenger where the team offered half price tickets to the families of those affected and it evolved into offering half price tickets to NASA workers and their families.

The team is space associated that's what I like to believe... it's not often you see a bright uniform this far south.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if the AFL didn't exist thread - Part IX: The Florida Blazers

Actually I was able to hunker down and get something done.... so I mentioned in the Blazers bit that Atlanta and New Orleans were expansion choices of the AFL rather than Kansas City and Denver and the idea did sound good in my head... what would an AFC Falcons and AFC Saints look like? Well considering the base project started life in New Orleans as the Jazzmen... ultimately New Orleans Jazzmen didn't get the attention and support from the fanbase... mostly because the owners spent their days partying than actually paying their players but eventually when the merger happened between the National and the Athletic.

Someone had to buy the teams and of course they renamed them...

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
AIL4fc_CgbZ9WfObn1D357t6Xff-NmCkg3gI1FYv

Since the merger of the two leagues, the Saints alongside the Falcons have been playing in the AFC South alongside the Dallas Cowboys.... a triage of rivalries involving LSU, Texas AND Georgia beef? Why it does make it a good stew to simmer.

Orleans honors their history as the Jazzmen with the inclusion of green and purple in the logo whilst not shown here... they have black and white pant alts with their color rush uses the green, gold and purple... also shown here is the team's good relationship with LSU as they imitate their infamous stripes.

• Dislike 1

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if the AFL didn't exist thread - Part X: The New Orleans Saints

Next up we have the AFC South member known as the...

ATLANTA FALCONS

AIL4fc9Koq0K3gbN3F-36P9h7Du65h3Jtdnzl9Ij

The Falcons are cursed no matter what timeline they are in.... they still haven't recovered from 28-3.

That being said, a reset had to happen here and I went with the finding of a chrome silver so white and silver are gone, relegated to the retro throwback as the Falcons set to get away from the mess that they caused when they lost on that faithful day.

Here's the updated imgur for those that can't see the above pictures... seems most of you. https://imgur.com/a/Fh44HF5

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if the AFL didn't exist thread - Part XI: The Atlanta Falcons

I say we are about 25% into this thread and to celebrate this achievement... time to enjoy the dynasty that is from Florida.

Yes I said Florida.

Everyone: Miami Seahawks?

Oh no.... when I think Seahawks, I think Seattle and nothing will change that.... so with that in mind.

THE MIAMI DOLPHINS

AIL4fc9BoE0cz2TT1Lb5y6gWcW8SBbJ43_PxLIwo

When you think of a successful dynasty in football, you think of the Miami Dolphins whom in the course of the late 80's - early 90's went on to win... 5 STRAIGHT SUPER BOWLS

People underestimated this team during the actual period and considering the AFL Bills didn't exist here.... I used the powerhouses that were the Dolphins.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if the AFL didn't exist thread - Part XII: The Miami Dolphins

Soon as I started on this one, I couldn't really stop and this is probably one of my best pieces that I did.... so going back to various upon various past concepts of this previously located team gave me an idea with the new logo of said team... what if you use the PROPER baby blue and kept the current gold and create something unique that was ever made... and let's say you might like this one.

Because :censored: Spanos we're going back to...!

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
AIL4fc9qSKDfja-5W_fVh_oTAP3GHf10Q8yXXSdV

Behold! The San Diego Chargers as if they survived to their current build AND if they weren't relocated by a bumbling buffoon who's family holds concept for a once proud city.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if the AFL didn't exist thread - Part XIII: The San Diego Chargers
35 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Soon as I started on this one, I couldn't really stop and this is probably one of my best pieces that I did.... so going back to various upon various past concepts of this previously located team gave me an idea with the new logo of said team... what if you use the PROPER baby blue and kept the current gold and create something unique that was ever made... and let's say you might like this one.

Because :censored: Spanos we're going back to...!

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
AIL4fc9qSKDfja-5W_fVh_oTAP3GHf10Q8yXXSdV

Behold! The San Diego Chargers as if they survived to their current build AND if they weren't relocated by a bumbling buffoon who's family holds concept for a once proud city.

Link's broken on my end.

Time for some back to back boring uploads to finally get the NFC North on set... time to fix a long running issue I have when it comes to...

CHICAGO BEARS

AIL4fc_9-M0SlMrRLaGc63oZ3sI7Rha2bAc94eih

I finally got the numbers fixed and considering the Bears never update at all.... yep this is peak da bears.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if the AFL didn't exist thread - Part XIV: Da Chicago Bears