CRD's Conceptober Designs [Day 31 Halloween FINALE]

CRDesigns

Howdy everyone! Conceptober is a spin-off of inktober, coined by my buddies, the Jersey Nerds. There's a prompt for each day, and ill be posting my designs here. Here's the prompt list:

xb7ADU9.png

I've got the first 4 days for you here, the rest will be updated daily!

Earned Edition

HY4TXDR.png

City Edition

bV6ZrCA.png

Inspired by the Calgary flag, and not intentionally a Detroit ripoff.

AHL Team

yQnedPi.png

Tried to keep a classic style while being slightly unique with 4 coloured striping

Winter Classic

iQvulUe.png

Inspired by the Cleveland Barons, replaced white with cream because thats how the WC tends to go  

See you all tomorrow for day 5, Heritage Classic! Feedback & Criticism much appreciated!

• Like 5

Awesome concepts so far! Especially fond of that Rangers sweater.

Love this idea! Would love to try it out but I unfortunately don't have the time. If you're gonna try this again next year, I'd be glad to join in. Though perhaps Conceptember would have a better ring to it haha. I know the prompts are clearly hockey oriented, but it'd be super fun to try them out with other sports.

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

23 hours ago, PERRIN said:

Awesome concepts so far! Especially fond of that Rangers sweater.

Love this idea! Would love to try it out but I unfortunately don't have the time. If you're gonna try this again next year, I'd be glad to join in. Though perhaps Conceptember would have a better ring to it haha. I know the prompts are clearly hockey oriented, but it'd be super fun to try them out with other sports.

Thanks!

The prompts are absolutely hockey oriented, but we've seen a couple people adapt them to other sports - some very cool results!

Day 5's prompt is "Heritage Classic", so I have a Maple Leafs design to share!

fV1nx5E.png

Obviously, this design pays homage to the Toros. I intentionally kept it very similar to the actual white Toros jerseys, because its a unique look for the Leafs

Feedback appreciated, as always. See you all tomorrow!

• Like 2

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Conceptober Designs [Day 5 Heritage Classic]

Good morning everyone, it's day 6, which means its time for my first ever ECHL Design!

For this one, I made a very unique alternate jersey for the Fort Wayne Komets, because their branding is too nice to have a complete traditionalist jersey setup. 

ubgFymv.png

Feedback appreciated, as always! See you all tomorrow. 

• Like 4

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Conceptober Designs [Day 6 ECHL]
On 10/6/2023 at 11:57 AM, jbird669 said:

LOVE that Rangers sweater! And Columbus has a nice homage to the Barons. Well done!!

Thank you so much!

Sorry for such a late post on day 7. Was celebrating thanksgiving with the family. Todays theme is Stadium Series!

I've got a Sharks design for you all. It uses double teal and a wave pattern similar to the Isles jerseys of years past.

qhjwIKl.png

Feedback appreciated as always. See yall tomorrow!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Conceptober Designs [Day 7 Stadium Series]

Hello hello!
For day 8 of Conceptober, our theme is Women's Hockey!

I took a stab at creating a name and logo for Minnesota's upcoming PWHL team.

The St. Paul Aurora! It uses vibrant colours from the northern lights with a very unique jersey design. 

0H7nzyY.png

I'm personally very proud of this one, but feedback is very appreciated! See you all tomorrow

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Conceptober Designs [Day 8 PWHL Concept]

Hello once again!
Day 9's theme is Reverse Retro!
I've created a colour swapped version of Anaheim's 2003 alternate jerseys, switching purple and black. 

kdlkQZR.png

This one's definitely a more simple design, but I have always loved these jerseys. Feedback welcome, as always! See you all tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Conceptober Designs [Day 9 Reverse Retro]
  • CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Conceptober Designs [Day 10 Diagonal Wordmark]
1 hour ago, CRDesigns said:

G'day everyone!
Day 10's theme is Diagonal Wordmark!

I designed a Hurricanes jersey using their criminally underrated wordmark logo. Hope you all enjoy.

HCs3ySO.png

Feedback is welcome! See you all tomorrow.

I would maybe try swapping the red and white (in at least the striping) with the white being the more prominant color it gives off Blackhawks vibes. I know they don't use that thrid jersey anymore, but it's the first thing I see when I look at this jersey

ZUH86xc.png

19 hours ago, johne9109 said:

I would maybe try swapping the red and white (in at least the striping) with the white being the more prominant color it gives off Blackhawks vibes. I know they don't use that thrid jersey anymore, but it's the first thing I see when I look at this jersey

Thanks for the feedback! I actually originally had done that, but I felt the red got lost in the black a bit. 

For day 11, the theme is Defunct Team! I took a bit of a different approach, and went for the often-forgotten St. Louis Eagles. The design I made is a concept of what I think they could look like if they were around in our modern era. 

Hzky7Co.png

Feedback appreciated, as always! See you all tomorrow.

• Like 3

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Conceptober Designs [Day 11 Defunct Team]

Sorry for not posting yesterday everyone. Had a busy day all around. However, that means we have a twofer today!
Day 12's theme is Chrome Dome! Which is Jersey Nerds slang for a chrome helmet. For this, I made a Sens jersey that incorporates glitter gold and merges some jersey design aspects from different eras. 

zr0Fft6.png

And for today, the theme is School Team! 
I used ChatGPT to pick a random university hockey team, and got U of Denver. Here's the (unintentionally Florida Panthers-esque) design I came up with.

lwLmRDl.png

See you all tomorrow! Feedback welcome as always!

• Like 3

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Conceptober Designs [Day 12/13]]

I had a very busy weekend, so I wasnt able to update this until today. Sorry everyone!

Day 14's theme was Fictional Team! I created a NHL Expansion team concept called the Portland Pioneers. They get a modern axe logo with a unique duo green colour scheme.

sPKthTV.png

And for day 15 the theme was Identity Swap! I combined the 2 teams in modern Jets history, with a Thrasher-fied version of the Jets logo and a Jets-fied version of the Thrashers jerseys.

dI8cVaU.png

Feedback appreciated as always! see you later when I finish day 16.

• Like 3

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Conceptober Designs [Day 14/15]
1 hour ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Doubt that calling a team Pioneers would fly, and if NHL did expand to Portland, they would either be called Rosebuds or another name would be chosen. The colours and design are nice though.

The Thrashed Jets jersey looks pretty cool.

Plus there's already the Lewis & Clark College Pioneers in the city...

I think you could keep that logo (which is really nicely shaded, and *just* distinct enough from the Timbers branding haha) and go with the name "Woodsmen," "Fells," or "Loggers" instead.

Though I'm not usually a fan of gold for the Senators (I prefer silver for them)... I really like your idea here. I imagine this jersey would pair well with old-timey tan pants and gloves too. My only complaint is that the white is a bit odd in the color balancing. I'd limit it to just the laurels and numbers, probably,  and go with a red collar with gold trim and un-outlined white numbers.

Your Aurora jersey is absolutely gorgeous! I'd just mention that there's already a Minnesota Aurora, and suggest you consider "Northern Lights"/"North Lights" like the Wild once considered.

Curious if that's meant to be a phoenix or a particular kind of bird? You might tweak it to a loon or trumpeter swan if not...

Also totally agree with you; that Canes wordmark is really nice and I don't get why people don't like it. You use it well.

Excellent work!

23 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Doubt that calling a team Pioneers would fly, and if NHL did expand to Portland, they would either be called Rosebuds or another name would be chosen. The colours and design are nice though.

The Thrashed Jets jersey looks pretty cool.

That was definitely a worry I had while making it, but figured i would shoot my shot anyways lol.

22 hours ago, vtgco said:

Plus there's already the Lewis & Clark College Pioneers in the city...

I think you could keep that logo (which is really nicely shaded, and *just* distinct enough from the Timbers branding haha) and go with the name "Woodsmen," "Fells," or "Loggers" instead.

Though I'm not usually a fan of gold for the Senators (I prefer silver for them)... I really like your idea here. I imagine this jersey would pair well with old-timey tan pants and gloves too. My only complaint is that the white is a bit odd in the color balancing. I'd limit it to just the laurels and numbers, probably,  and go with a red collar with gold trim and un-outlined white numbers.

Your Aurora jersey is absolutely gorgeous! I'd just mention that there's already a Minnesota Aurora, and suggest you consider "Northern Lights"/"North Lights" like the Wild once considered.

Curious if that's meant to be a phoenix or a particular kind of bird? You might tweak it to a loon or trumpeter swan if not...

Also totally agree with you; that Canes wordmark is really nice and I don't get why people don't like it. You use it well.

Excellent work!

Thanks for all of the feedback! I totally forgot about Aurora FC. The bird is meant to be a Phoenix. 

Got another twofer for you! Day 16's theme was Least Favourite Team, so I made a Leafs jersey. This one is a St. Pats green style jersey combined with their current set.

scN0oCK.png

And for day 17, Favourite Team! Where I designed a military-inspired Jets jersey that looks a little bit American but has a style I still love. 

7OB8Zvy.png

Thanks for your patience over the past week. Been pretty busy! See you all tomorrow, feedback appreciated!

• Like 3

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Conceptober Designs [Day 17 Fav Team]

Howdy!
Still pretty busy lately so I apologize for the longer time between updates.

Ive been having issues with day 18 being added here in good quality. You can find that on my Instagram @carter.richardd.designs.
Day 19's theme is WHA! So I have a Houston Aeros jersey envisioning what they might look like if they were in the NHL at present day. Hope you all enjoy!

rPSDifo.png

See you all tomorrow! C&C Welcome!

• Like 5

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Conceptober Designs [Day 20 Colour Rush]
  • CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Conceptober Designs [Day 21 National Team]
42 minutes ago, CRDesigns said:

And for day 21, the theme is National Team! I created a very unique jersey for Japan with a crest inspired by their Soccer team.

You mean you took the Yatagarasu from the JFA logo, removed the sun/ball, and replaced one of it's legs with a J/Hockey Stick and a puck.  The striping that looks like the bastard offspring of the first Ducks Jersey and the Flames pedestal jersey is quite original and probably the best part.

The Kings Jersey is excellent and the Burger King rules. It also has shoulder patches, which I don't understand why many of your designs go without and with which many of your designs (including Japan) would be improved.