Quick San Diego FC Logo Edit (Jersey Added)

vtgco

Just took a sec to tweak the leaked SDFC logo. The logo as-is is just too generic (I agree with @MJWalker45 who said it looks like a league logo)...

...so I semi-ripped off took inspiration from the Wave and Loyal with my edit: 

_sd.png

C&C appreciated. I might come back and do a jersey after my Seattle soccer series is over.

• Like 8

It's an improvement, the addition of the various shades of gold/orange and getting shot of the crap on the grey. I also like the Mission/Gaslamp style arch under the team name, and the main motif looks much more like a wave.

I would love to see a series of cleaned up redesigns, one with the colour scheme the team uses, and the one the team should have gone for, the teal, gold and white like the photo announcing MLS to San Diego.

Good logo, but the quality of the image is a little crusty… of course who am I to talk about crusty looking images..

• Like 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

27 minutes ago, Blindsay said:

Good logo, but the quality of the image is a little crusty… of course who am I to talk about crusty looking images..

Yeah the quality of the leaked logo image was pretty low too, not to mention it had a bajillion gradients to paint away haha!

1 hour ago, VampyrRabbit said:

It's an improvement, the addition of the various shades of gold/orange and getting shot of the crap on the grey. I also like the Mission/Gaslamp style arch under the team name, and the main motif looks much more like a wave.

I would love to see a series of cleaned up redesigns, one with the colour scheme the team uses, and the one the team should have gone for, the teal, gold and white like the photo announcing MLS to San Diego.

Thanks! I doubt the original motif was actually meant to be anything to do with a wave but I'm glad I could make it work! And yeah the arch was for some local flair.
All the colors here are on the actual logo, but if you mean with the gradient outline, I could give that a try!

Now that the team has released its vector logo, here's the less aliased version, both in the original colors and in teal and sand like @VampyrRabbit wanted:

_sd_clean.png    _sd_clean_teal.png

And with @B-Rich's family's name idea, which I liked quite a bit! This one uses the SD monogram that the team released that is actually quite solid.

_sd_tsunami.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 10/21/2023 at 1:41 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

The logo looks great in teal and sand, love the different shades of teal and the golden gradient. Love it.

Thank you! Glad you like it, though I worry it's too throwback Galaxy-esque...

On 10/21/2023 at 3:05 PM, alexandre said:

We say this a lot on this forum, but these are ALL huge improvements- the teal and gold in particular is miles ahead.

Glad you think it's an improvement!

sd_display.png

A jersey concept inspired by the facade of the Balboa Theatre.

• Like 5

• vtgco changed the title to Quick San Diego FC Logo Edit (Jersey Added)

That SDT kit is too nice. Love the sunset above the mission, the tiles in different shades of blue and the lighter blue of the shorts, collar and cuffs. Top job.

17 hours ago, vtgco said:

Thank you! Glad you like it, though I worry it's too throwback Galaxy-esque...

Los Galaticos had their chance to own teal and gold/orange, but looks like white, gold and the two shades of blue are their main colours now. And even back when Galaxy were rocking the teal, black had a big part in their scheme between 1996 and 2004. Besides, the wave part of the logo of the City of San Diego is teal and orange, so as far as I'm concerned, San Diego have every right to use those colours, and I think they probably should.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Now that logo looks so much better

2 hours ago, PaMi 7 said:

Good work, this logo is more beatiful than real one ;)

Thank you both! Happy to hear my salvage attempt was a success : P

On 10/24/2023 at 10:25 AM, VampyrRabbit said:

That SDT kit is too nice. Love the sunset above the mission, the tiles in different shades of blue and the lighter blue of the shorts, collar and cuffs. Top job.

Los Galaticos had their chance to own teal and gold/orange, but looks like white, gold and the two shades of blue are their main colours now. And even back when Galaxy were rocking the teal, black had a big part in their scheme between 1996 and 2004. Besides, the wave part of the logo of the City of San Diego is teal and orange, so as far as I'm concerned, San Diego have every right to use those colours, and I think they probably should.

Glad you like the jersey! Yeah, I agree somewhat, but IMO the Galaxy should always wear yellow and green for their away kits; it's always good to rep your history.

That said, here is a jersey in teal & sand repurposed from an old Wave concept. It's the beach! 🏖️🌴🏄‍♀️

sd_display_teal.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1