Premier Lacrosse League City Announcements and Rebrands

raysox

• 1 month later...

Overall, I think these are pretty nice. One of my least favorites is the helmet of my "home team" - the Waterdogs. I don't like the chrome, and the wordmark is underwhelming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burmy said:

I still hope the Chrome brand gets revived someday for a future expansion team...

I didn't like the name but I liked the colors and logo. 

I'm surprised that the Whipsnakes hung around. I thought for sure the Bayhawks name would have been resurrected from the MLL graveyard for the Maryland franchise.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JayMac said:

I'm surprised that the Whipsnakes hung around. I thought for sure the Bayhawks name would have been resurrected from the MLL graveyard for the Maryland franchise

The Whipsnakes were the PLL's first champion. No way they were going to get rebranded. Plus IIRC the Bayhawks former owner in particular was somebody from the MLL Paul Rabil wasn't on good terms with. That guy came off as a big time nob in the PLL documentary. Rabil seems like he'd be petty enough to let the Bayhawks brand (which I never cared for btw) stay dormant just out of spite.

• Like 3

Hotter Than July > Thriller

26 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

The Whipsnakes were the PLL's first champion. No way they were going to get rebranded. Plus IIRC the Bayhawks former owner in particular was somebody from the MLL Paul Rabil wasn't on good terms with. That guy came off as a big time nob in the PLL documentary. Rabil seems like he'd be petty enough to let the Bayhawks brand (which I never cared for btw) stay dormant just out of spite.

The former owner is almost definitely the reason why we have no Bayhawks team in the PLL.

• 4 weeks later...

These are absolutely stunning!

My Top 3:
1: Utah Archers- so beautiful. Their color scheme works perfectly for the design, and the arrowhead is amazing
2: New York Atlas- This logo is better than the one they currently have. The designer for these should have done the jerseys this year. I would not mind if they brought back this bull full time or a stripped version of it, although I know they won't.
3: Carolina Chaos- Let's be real I just love this identity to begin with and to see a tribal scorpion front and center is something I am here for.

The rest are very good to decent job at portraying what the teams identity is in a traditional style.

Honestly the only one that doesn't work for me is the Boston Cannons but that's a harder concept to sell.

In all this league absolutely kills their special event uniforms every season. Not talked about nearly enough.

• Like 1