Premier Lacrosse League City Announcements and Rebrands

raysox

37 minutes ago, Needschat said:

So, New York playing out of Hofstra or UatAlbany? 

Judging by some of the stuff they've put out in the last two day, possibly both. As well as Buffalo, Rochester and maybe even NYC proper when the new soccer stadium finally opens.

• Like 2

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• 3 weeks later...

I would have loved to see them keep the touring model, but keep it in state. Using the example someone mentioned for NY Atlas, they could play in Buffalo one week, in Long Island another week, and Rochester another week. California could play in LA, San Diego, San Francisco, etc. Gives each team an opportunity to expand their fanbase and do something unheard of in major league sports.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

12 hours ago, nash61 said:

I would have loved to see them keep the touring model, but keep it in state. Using the example someone mentioned for NY Atlas, they could play in Buffalo one week, in Long Island another week, and Rochester another week. California could play in LA, San Diego, San Francisco, etc. Gives each team an opportunity to expand their fanbase and do something unheard of in major league sports.

https://premierlacrosseleague.com/articles/the-pll-and-whirlpool-brand-proudly-welcome-8-teams-to-home-cities

"In its first five seasons, the PLL operated a touring model, where teams did not have geographic affiliations, and all eight teams played in one market each game weekend. The league will continue to operate a 14-week, tour-based season, with eight of the league’s 10 regular season game weekends to be held in teams’ home markets. Two regular season weekends will be held in other markets, with the All-Star Game, Playoffs and Championship will be held at neutral locations to be announced in 2024."

Sounds like they'll still spend a couple weekends away from home. Selfishly I hope they finally pick a spot in Florida to come visit since I'm living here now. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, colinturner95 said:

Dang, Carolina's travel schedule is gonna be rough 🫠 The real Western teams might have to cede some home games to East Coast neutral sites just to even out the travel.

Gotta expand either with one more team out east and go West/North/South, or with two more teams out west.

13 hours ago, nash61 said:

I mean, do any of these teams have confirmed stadiums yet? And most of the names are states rather than cities so maybe they still will?

On 12/8/2023 at 1:17 PM, vtgco said:

Dang, Carolina's travel schedule is gonna be rough 🫠 The real Western teams might have to cede some home games to East Coast neutral sites just to even out the travel.

Gotta expand either with one more team out east and go West/North/South, or with two more teams out west.

I mean, do any of these teams have confirmed stadiums yet? And most of the names are states rather than cities so maybe they still will?

Take this with a grain of salt, but Wikipedia seems to have venues pegged for each team.  Couldn't really find anything official, but I would imagine that this would be at least somewhat accurate for most of the teams.

Boston Cannons: Gillette Stadium (NE Patriots/Revolution)

Maryland Whipsnakes: Homewood Field (Johns Hopkins)

New York Atlas: Shuart Stadium (Hofstra)

Philadelphia Waterdogs: Subaru Park (Phila Union)

California Redwoods: PayPal Park (SJ Earthquakes)

Carolina Chaos: American Legion Memorial Stadium (Charlotte Independence/Hounds)

Denver Outlaws: Barton Stadium (Denver Pioneers)

Utah Arrows: Zions Bank Stadium (Real Monarchs/Utah Warriors)

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

16 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Take this with a grain of salt, but Wikipedia seems to have venues pegged for each team.  Couldn't really find anything official, but I would imagine that this would be at least somewhat accurate for most of the teams.

PLL reeeeeeally needs to stop holding games at Gillette. This league ain't ready for NFL stadiums yet. Hopefully if the New England Revolution gets the green light to build a new stadium in Everett, MA the Cannons will be allowed to become a tenant.

• Love 1

I think this roll out was kind of botched in the sense that now all these people think they can go see their hometown Philadelphia Waterdogs multiple times in a season and buy season tickets or whatever. They haven't announced stadiums, but people assume they'll just play at the stadium the league has gone to. 

They selected hometowns to ease into that, but next year a lot of people will realize what this meant and be annoyed

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Archers - feels like an overload of orange. don't love UTAH on the side. 

Cannons - the perfect helmet for the Cannons

Redwoods - I wasn't sure about yellow at first but depending on how it looks in action with the whole uniform, I wouldn't mind it replacing the white helmets. 

Waterdogs - I've never liked the Waterdogs using black when purple works for them so well. Contrast is nice, I'll give it that. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I really like the Redwoods CS uniforms. With that being said, I hope their regular season uniforms remain predominantly green and white with yellow trim.

Cannons and Waterdogs jerseys really need white numbers.

So... the Redwoods are slated to play at Torero Stadium... on the campus of the University of San Diego... a 325 mile drive from where giant sequoias grow and a 375 mile drive from where coast redwoods grow...

VmWIn6B.png

15 hours ago, LMU said:

So... the Redwoods are slated to play at Torero Stadium... on the campus of the University of San Diego... a 325 mile drive from where giant sequoias grow and a 375 mile drive from where coast redwoods grow...

What would be the closest large city to where the redwoods grow?

2 hours ago, walkerws said:

What would be the closest large city to where the redwoods grow?

There really wouldn't be a "large city."  If you want to talk city capable of hosting a team... probably Fresno or San Jose.

• Like 1

VmWIn6B.png

25 minutes ago, LMU said:

There really wouldn't be a "large city."  If you want to talk city capable of hosting a team... probably Fresno or San Jose.

San Francisco? I have a slight memory of an MLL team existing in San Fran

• 4 weeks later...

The jersey says "global game". A little on the nose and in a boring font, too. I get the appeal of wanting to wear something with Japanese on it but I've always felt the language doesn't lend itself to that very well. Love the navy and pink, though. Always a great color combo.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt