2024 Lacrosse

4_tattoos

• 2 weeks later...

Panther City Lacrosse is last in the NLL in attendance with an average of 2,637 people.  The capacity at Dickie's Arena is about 14,000, so about 12,000 empty seats per home game for Panther City LC.    They are owned by the same people who own the Dallas Wings of the WNBA, who have better attendance in a smaller arena.  

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

• 2 weeks later...

PLL announced playoff game venues.

• Quarterfinals at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA 9/2.
  • Semifinals at Shuart Stadium in Long Island, NY 9/8.
  • Championship Game at Subaru Park in Chester, PA 9/15.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a good thing for pro lacrosse? Because I've gotten a look into some of the supporters groups in MLS aaaaaand.... that's not for me. Then I look at the supporters groups in overseas soccer and think of how much of a nightmare they tend to be.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

9 hours ago, GDAWG said:

That's a busy little barn. The Vegas Knight Hawks (IFL), Vegas Chill (Pro Volleyball) & Henderson Silver Knights (AHL) all play there. The G-League Ignite did as well before the NBA decided to fold them. 

6 hours ago, Jer15 said:

Interesting that there are no rumors about Panther City yet.  On a lacrosse message board, one poster suggested the idea of the team moving across the DFW Metroplex to Frisco and the Comerica Center, which only seats 3,500.  If that happens, they would still be last in attendance, but it wouldn't be as jarring as it is at Dickies Arena, which seats 14,000.  It's only a suggestion, so not sure if it's actually going to happen.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Interesting that there are no rumors about Panther City yet.  On a lacrosse message board, one poster suggested the idea of the team moving across the DFW Metroplex to Frisco and the Comerica Center, which only seats 3,500.  If that happens, they would still be last in attendance, but it wouldn't be as jarring as it is at Dickies Arena, which seats 14,000.  It's only a suggestion, so not sure if it's actually going to happen.  

How about moving to the Austin market in Cedar Park? 

20 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Interesting that there are no rumors about Panther City yet.  

That's what I find to be interesting as well. 

Maybe they stay put for another year? 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

2 hours ago, Jer15 said:

That's what I find to be interesting as well. 

Maybe they stay put for another year? 

Their final game of the season is this Saturday on the road at Calgary.  They won't announce anything likely until the playoffs end for them. 

Also the rumors from the message boards have been Montreal but nothing from the insiders, although I have not kept in touch.  

8 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The rumors from the message boards have been Montreal but nothing from the insiders

I think that's cause of the neutral site game they played there. I can see how people would make that connection. 

But yeah, I haven't heard/seen anything from an insider so I'm assuming that quiet (when there are other things coming out) is for a reason.

.........of course you know what happens when you assume! lol. 

If those rumors are true, changing the name to Texas Panthers would be an improvement 

• Like 1