2024 NASCAR Season

DCarp1231

Reportedly it was because the humidity kept them from being able to dry the track until 1am. Race wouldn’t have ended until after 3am. I understand fans wanting them to run it but that is too late. I work nights and was surprised when I saw they called it but I also understood it.

Word on the street is the employees of Stewart-Haas Racing will learn the future of the team at some point today. The expectation is that the team will fold and all four charters are to be sold.

It’s official. SHR is ceasing operations at the end of 2024

GOsW45rW4AA0Y7M?format=jpg&name=medium

It looks like 3 out of the 4 charters up for sale have already been secured by other teams. The last one remains unspoken for-

• 2 weeks later...

So names to take his seat that have been reported.

Noah Gragson: unusual pick considering the last 2 times he was with Toyota it ended on bad terms (Legacy found any reason to get rid of him because they were switching to Toyota and they didn’t want him) but he already has the bass pro sponsorship with him. 

Cory Heim: he’s been more linked with 23XI but Truex’ retirement changes things and Joe Gibbs may force them to let them have Cory.

Chandler Smith: the move up to xfinity makes sense, and is more popular to sponsors than Sheldon Creed who’s been using TRD for a lot of the year.

of those options I give chandler smith having the best odds with Corey heim still going to 23XI. I think there is still too much bad blood between Noah and Toyota for him to go their one year after they nearly ended his cup career.

13 hours ago, dont care said:

So names to take his seat that have been reported.

Noah Gragson: unusual pick considering the last 2 times he was with Toyota it ended on bad terms (Legacy found any reason to get rid of him because they were switching to Toyota and they didn’t want him) but he already has the bass pro sponsorship with him. 

Cory Heim: he’s been more linked with 23XI but Truex’ retirement changes things and Joe Gibbs may force them to let them have Cory.

Chandler Smith: the move up to xfinity makes sense, and is more popular to sponsors than Sheldon Creed who’s been using TRD for a lot of the year.

of those options I give chandler smith having the best odds with Corey heim still going to 23XI. I think there is still too much bad blood between Noah and Toyota for him to go there one year after they nearly ended his cup career.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we get another Cindric-Burton situation with Heim flipping from 23XI to JGR