2024 NASCAR Season

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Another classic wet fart of an ending. Byron is more vanilla than vanilla pudding.

It sucks because the racing was wonderful stuff. I knew it was gonna be a bad ending when the Big One happened.

I do feel like Fox needs to bow out of broadcasting races sometime soon. Or maybe bring in other people in the booth like Bestwick or Dallenbach. I wouldn't be opposed to CBS taking up broadcasting some races again.

rAUPGPZ.png

I like Harvick but Bowyer needs to go. I prefer the way NBC does it with a former driver and former crew chief. Just don’t really see the point of having two drivers.  But would really just prefer not having races on FOX at all.

I enjoyed the race and it’s still a must-watch for me every year but the 500 is losing its luster a bit and FOX is a big part of it.

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png

I’d love to see Larry Mac back in the booth but apparently he doesn’t want to do the traveling for it. A crew chief needs to be in the booth though but I can’t think of any recently retired or someone close to that who could fill the role. Possibly booty barker, but he seems to be with bubba for the time being. Chad knaus is another possibility but he seems to be to pre occupied with hendrick still.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

I’d love to see Larry Mac back in the booth but apparently he doesn’t want to do the traveling for it. A crew chief needs to be in the booth though but I can’t think of any recently retired or someone close to that who could fill the role. Possibly booty barker, but he seems to be with bubba for the time being. Chad knaus is another possibility but he seems to be to pre occupied with hendrick still.

Steve Letarte has faired pretty well for himself on NBC

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Steve Letarte has faired pretty well for himself on NBC

He has I was trying to think of guys who weren’t already with other companies. Booty would be good because he already has time infront of the camera from his time doing shows on SPEED and the Netflix show. And he really was the star of the show behind Hamlin. Him being in the wheel chair might be hard but I think they could work around that easy enough. Even one of the guys from door bumper clear might be a good fit (other than Bret Griffin who would probably rub people the wrong way with how opinionated he is). Paul Wolfe is another one who has been successful and could go to the broadcast booth if he wanted. I don’t know what his personality is like though.

40 minutes ago, dont care said:

He has I was trying to think of guys who weren’t already with other companies. Booty would be good because he already has time infront of the camera from his time doing shows on SPEED and the Netflix show. And he really was the star of the show behind Hamlin. Him being in the wheel chair might be hard but I think they could work around that easy enough. Even one of the guys from door bumper clear might be a good fit (other than Bret Griffin who would probably rub people the wrong way with how opinionated he is). Paul Wolfe is another one who has been successful and could go to the broadcast booth if he wanted. I don’t know what his personality is like though.

What about Darian Grubb? He was fairly successful as a crew chief. He’s currently working for Trackhouse as the crew chief for Project 91, so I’d assume he’d have some free time.

• Tony Stewart (12 wins)

• Denny Hamlin (7 wins)

• Carl Edwards (2 wins)

• Shane Van Gisbergen (1 win)

I don't know what the solution is for FOX but something has got to change. I find myself watching races on mute because of how obnoxious their broadcast is. It's mostly Clint's fault, although their camerawork and director also needs to step it up. Onboard shots are cool, but they can't be the main way the audience watches the race. Wider shots that show more of the action are necessary.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Jesse Love might be good. The kid is flat out dominating Atlanta at the moment.

EDIT: He's not as good when his car has no fuel. 🙃

Race was an absolute snooze fest and Austin Hill winning was the NyQuil to end it all.

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Race was an absolute snooze fest and Austin Hill winning was the NyQuil to end it all.

What’s the deal with Austin Hill?  Haven’t followed closely the last few years but a lot of people seem to dislike him winning. 

IUe6Hvh.png

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

No argument here. It was the saving fuel thing again. Parade until the last few laps followed by a crashfest when everyone tries to make a move. I suppose we were lucky that the caution came out late and spared us the crashfest.

BB52Big.jpg

55 minutes ago, See Red said:

What’s the deal with Austin Hill?  Haven’t followed closely the last few years but a lot of people seem to dislike him winning. 

He wins a lot and people hate that. I also think a lot of hate comes from his and RCR's baby act last year at the November Martinsville race when Sheldon Creed actually raced him instead of laying over and letting him win Martinsville. It made him look like an adopted Childress grandchild who is going to suck at the Cup level and people are tired or Childress children as a whole.

• Like 3