My NBA Expansion Teams Concepts

Josiah2022YT

Not bad, but kinda bland. Is there gonna be a red jersey?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

1 hour ago, Josiah2022YT said:

First Up It's The Las Vegas Spades

spacer.png

Keep in mind "Spade" has been a really racist term in the past.

• Like 4
  • Huh? 1

"Aces" is a little overused but might work better with the theme, or maybe "Jacks" or "Black Jacks"

Can even have any of the jacks from the cards themselves dribbling or dunking a basketball

• Like 3

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Keep the red, because that's the color of cards other than black

Also how would it look like with the team/city name above and below the number? Like so:

BLACK

JACKS

LAS

VEGAS

• Like 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

6 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Keep the red, because that's the color of cards other than black

Also how would it look like with the team/city name above and below the number? Like so:

BLACK

JACKS

LAS

VEGAS

This.

• 4 weeks later...

"Dealers" is a great nickname for this team! However, I would do either of the following: add gold (for the old Aces) or switch to gray (for the new Aces/Raiders). Just red, black and white makes it feel like a Raptors/Blazers copy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

The league got rid of the "Bullets" name because of the gang association, what makes you think they wouldn't do the same for "Dealers"?

They probably wouldn't do so for Dealers because the link towards gambling (which is what Vegas is known for these days) is obvious. The obvious link wasn't there with the Bullets nickname until that rise in gang violence in the 90s. But I do say probably because gambling is getting controversial these days.

I think realistically, you're not going to see any big four Vegas team embrace any gambling-related identity.  It's too controversial.  Same reason the A's will never do anything like the concepts people were making with the dice on the hat.  

However, this site isn't real so I say go all in!!!  Who cares.  I personally like the Spades logo, your Dealers uniforms are really good (like the four suites on the side), and Dealers is a pretty cool way to make a name that's Vegas related but also basketball related.