2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

13 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Ask and ye shall receive. Seems like this going to be the standard home set.

GZEBcrkWEAAnxP0?format=jpg&name=large

I'm sure when they eventually lose in this uniform, they will then switch to all-burgundy because in 2024 it's always the uniform's fault.

Funny that in 2016 it was this:

-061f1af1493177af.jpg

And now it's gonna be the reverse with Cleveland in a good version of this uniform and Washington in a bad version of theirs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, damnyoutuesday said:

I'm now certain the Vikings will wear all purple

I  can only tolerate that look when most of the players wear white or gold accessories.  The addition of either purple or black items drag this combo further down into the dark eyesore it is!

I’m thankful for Phillips who is Always in his long white sleeves every combo.  For me, players look flashier, faster, and bigger (arms!) wearing bright add-ons with dark jerseys, & I still prefer this even with white tops.  

If I was a pro, I would cherish dressing out to look the absolute best on camera for the Uni I have to wear and would seek out this place and Uniwatch to check out what Actually looks better under the sun or lights.   That’s a simple controllable factor compared to playing the sport!

On 10/3/2024 at 1:47 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Not as good as blue over yellow, but certainly better than all blue

GY-sdbvXoAY0870?format=jpg&name=large

Oh god dangit! Why? Bone, bone, bone! Seriously! Make white pants with blue and golden yellow stripes for god sakes!

On 10/3/2024 at 10:35 AM, WBeltz said:

Still petition to make the purple pants the main road look. That and do black/purple as the home. 

Me too. We got the purple helmet, now all we need is black/black/purple/black and black/white/purple/black as the standard home and road and we are in business.

On 10/3/2024 at 3:19 PM, SportsFan12 said:

Had a feeling this would be the look for MNF this week. I guess this thing is still around.

When will this nightmare end? I guess Benson's wife like the style of the black pants because she likes what she sees on the field.

6 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

Ehhh, whatever!

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Ask and ye shall receive. Seems like this going to be the standard home set.

GZEBcrkWEAAnxP0?format=jpg&name=large

Commanders have gotten smarter now. I just going to call them Washington Football Team.

2 hours ago, sudden said:

That is smart being that it's going to be hot as heck that Sunday and I do not blame the 49ers for the throwbacks due to that those have white pants.

4 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Did Shanahan just say the 49ers are gonna wear white at going forward…? You’ve got to be kidding me. Please don’t become the Bucs.

The bolded parts in the quote of the article.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-nfl-denied-49ers-request-to-switch-to-white-jerseys-vs-cardinals-as-heat-wave-hits-bay-area/

It may be the first game in October for the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, but this Week 5 matchup with the Arizona Cardinals will feel anything other than fall. With a heatwave hitting the Santa Clara area, the Niners were hoping to make a last-minute modification to their uniforms for this matchup to better combat the weather. 

Head coach Kyle Shanahan told reporters Friday that the team put in a request to the NFL to switch from their usual red home jerseys to white, as that color would be less absorbent to the sun's rays. However, the league declined. The Cardinals will wear their white jerseys on Sunday. 

"We asked on Monday, and we weren't allowed to do it," Shanahan said, via 49ers Webzone. "You had to [request] it before the season started. So in order for us to do it, we've kind of got to make like a conscious decision or a commitment before the year that we wear all whites until like the middle of October or whatever, and then go to normal. But it's not usually this hot, so we'll probably do that now just in case."

It appears as if the team may elect to simply don its white jerseys for the start of the year going forward to avoid this type of situation in the future. While the league did veto the 49ers' request to wear those white jerseys, they were able to switch to their throwback uniforms that feature the red jerseys but white pants in place of the gold. 

Pin page

When the Cardinals have to wear red shirts and white pants instead of white shirts and white pants, they aren't gonna know what hit 'em!

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Shanahan is just discovering something that teams in the south have been using for 50 years and acting like no one has ever thought of it before

I'm not gonna read into this Niners thing too much -- this is the first I've heard of a Niners home game being so hot that the team asks the NFL to switch to white jerseys. This really is an unusual situation.

11 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I'm not gonna read into this Niners thing too much -- this is the first I've heard of a Niners home game being so hot that the team asks the NFL to switch to white jerseys. This really is an unusual situation.

it's nothing - the bay area is going thru a pretty bad heat wave right now 🥵🥵, especially in the south bay where the Niners play. 

• Like 1

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg