New Boston Marathon Logo

I guess some folks aren't too happy about the prominence of the sponsor logo in the new race logo. They also weren't too happy about the BoA logo being on the medals this year. 

2024-medal.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, officeglenn said:

I guess some folks aren't too happy about the prominence of the sponsor logo in the new race logo. They also weren't too happy about the BoA logo being on the medals this year. 

2024-medal.jpg

So much for that "Northeast Spike". At least it looks like the sponsor could easily be milled off the medal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

So much for that "Northeast Spike". At least it looks like the sponsor could easily be milled off the medal.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The medal pictured is from the 2024 race, which already took place in April. The first race for the new logo will be 2025, and we don't know what those medals will look like yet.

On 6/5/2024 at 12:09 PM, BadSeed84 said:

Wait until they rename it the Bank Of America Boston Marathon like Philly's.

image.png

Also man some of the worst "Storytelling" crap for that logo.

I mean we've all had to spin some BS trying to sell a client on a logo design. But in this case almost every callout was already present in the old logo. All they really did was clean it up and flip the thing. 

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I mean we've all had to spin some BS trying to sell a client on a logo design. But in this case almost every callout was already present in the old logo. All they really did was clean it up and flip the thing. 

I've seen a lot of these "hidden meaning" graphics, but this on might take the cake. Are they going to add another point to the mane in ten years? Do all enhanced jawlines demonstrate Boston's gritty and athletic nature? Just show the logo. Let it be already.

4 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Yea I just noticed the logo was mostly the same looking prior but flipped.

Somehow I find the old logo to be the cleaner one. It doesn’t have the randomness spikes everywhere trying to get to 13 (which I don’t count 13, or anywhere close to that actually). Its overall shape is much smoother and cleaner. 

Yeesh. Cleaning up the unicorn head is fine, the rest of it... not so much. Bank of America flooded every possible medium in greater Boston with ads for this year's race, so not surprised that they're seemingly taking over the entire brand of the thing. The previous refresh introduced a weird cyber typeface that didn't fit the gravitas of the event, but I'm not sure this Myriad Pro situation is a better idea. And medals in this shape are going to puncture skin.