Charlotte Bobcats Logo Concept

AAO

did you want the outlines to run together like that? if not in the text palette there is an a with a horizontal arrow below it and you can adjust how far the letters are away from each other with that.

actualy combine the letterforms using the pathfinder window. The option that has 2 squares together, hit that and then expand. Now its one shape and you can either paste behind and make stroke adjustments to the one behind or expand the shape to make your outlines. Then the outlines won't run into the other letters...unless you want that.

Good work so far!

did you want the outlines to run together like that? if not in the text palette there is an a with a horizontal arrow below it and you can adjust how far the letters are away from each other with that.
actualy combine the letterforms using the pathfinder window. The option that has 2 squares together, hit that and then expand. Now its one shape and you can either paste behind and make stroke adjustments to the one behind or expand the shape to make your outlines. Then the outlines won't run into the other letters...unless you want that.

Good work so far!

thanks...i could not figure out how to fix that...

Here's a few tips to help you out?

To get the characters space right you need to individual kern the letterforms, this will allow the proper letterspacing and air between each.

I noticed you are adding a stroke to the top "Bobcats" (it affects the overall look of the letterform and impedes the true letterform, ie. cuts off certain aspects), what you might want to do instead is copy and paste your first "Bobcats" behind the initial orange one (copy it lock the first one and use the paste behind command). Add the stroke of say 6.75pts to that one and adjust the color to blue on both the fill and the stroke. Now copy and paste another "Bobcats" behind the blue version you just made with the stroke (copy this one lock this one too and use the paste behind command) and change to fill color to gray as well as the stroke and make it about 13.5pts.

This will allow you to have three layers with each one controlling a particular color. It will show more finesse with your understanding of the program and help you create a better wordmark.

I noticed you are adding a stroke to the top "Bobcats" (it affects the overall look of the letterform and impedes the true letterform, ie. cuts off certain aspects), what you might want to do instead is copy and paste your first "Bobcats" behind the initial orange one (copy it lock the first one and use the paste behind command). Add the stroke of say 6.75pts to that one and adjust the color to blue on both the fill and the stroke. Now copy and paste another "Bobcats" behind the blue version you just made with the stroke (copy this one lock this one too and use the paste behind command) and change to fill color to gray as well as the stroke and make it about 13.5pts.

This will allow you to have three layers with each one controlling a particular color. It will show more finesse with your understanding of the program and help you create a better wordmark.

nicee...thanks a lot

i just wanted to add that after you do all those strokes to make wordmark look better, you need to convert all those strokes into path if you ever want to size the logo for any reason. Try to make that logo with strokes way smaller and see what it does. I would love to explain how to do it, but for me it's so authomatic, I can't tell you unless I'm doing it in the moment, but you'll figure it out.

Archived