Bundle of Hockey Concepts

Sodboy13

Okay, so I designed these for a fantasy league that I may or may not undertake one of these days. I don't have the artistic skills of most of the people on this board, so I don't have any original logos to contribute on these. Also, all of these unis were done primarily in MS Paint, so they will probably look pretty crude in comparison to the finished products that float around here. Still, I'd like to know what you all think about them. And of course, props to Roger Clemente and STL Fanatic for their templates - I'd be lost without them.

IHL Uniform Concepts

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why dig up the XFL? Because my feelings about the league's logos are much like my feelings about the league itself - a few very good ideas, lost in the mishmash of lots of bad execution. And the Las Vegas logos are from the Las Vegas Outlaws of the aforementioned XFL.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why dig up the XFL? Because my feelings about the league's logos are much like my feelings about the league itself - a few very good ideas, lost in the mishmash of lots of bad execution.

That was supposed to be a joke... a very poorly executed joke.

VmWIn6B.png

The most part I like them. And though not trying to stir the pot, I happen the like the Outlaws the best. I was contemplating using that logo for a hockey team. I think it's pretty sharp. And your jersey concept with that logo is really good. Nice job.

Other stand outs to me are New Orleans and Quebec. Also Long Island's alternate. I am not a fan of words on jerseys, but with the number under it, it gives is a college look which is pretty cool.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Wow guys, thanks for all the feedback! Let me answer some of the questions posed, and some of the other stuff mentioned.

For the Whalers jersey, I just kinda looked at nhluniforms.com, looked at the Whalers jersey in my closet, and just kinda went pixel by pixel until it looked right. Glad to know it's pretty much on the nose.

The Long Island alternate - Scooter, thank you for mentioning that. I was going for the whole collegiate look with that uni, with the wordmark, front number, and blue helmet. Good to know someone else saw that's what I was going for.

And lastly, the KC Blades primary logo is actually the logo for the Scottish Claymores of NFL Europe. Take out the blue, throw in some red, and, well, there it is.

And Suigi, I really like the way you decided to "Rafale-ize" the NHL. I always liked the design of the Quebec Rafales' unis. And of course, it would appear that the Pensacola Ice Pilots and Peoria Rivermen really liked it, too.

Archived