Boston's incapacity to beat History

Swiss

In 1999, Boston had chance to fix pending accounts with the Yankees (eternal rival) in the ALCS and with the Mets (by the 1986 stuff) in the World Series.

Nothing of that happened.

Now that seems that the Cardinals would be advancing to the World Series. The Red Sox have them in the sight because 1946 and 1967.

I don't believe that there will a revenge against the Cards because my beloved Red Sox are in the way to choke again!

It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.

A. Bartlett Giamatti

To the Yankees fans: Surely you will make fun with my words but I must remember you that I have enough face for always to support and to accompany the Red Sox in the bad times while you have the enormous ease to root a team that buys stars to obtain easy championships that later you will not remember much.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, Boston Red Sox fans are sympathetic characters, but their whining, especially come playoff time, is rather grating after a while. Almost as bad as the Yankees gloating.

Personally, I'm cheering for the Cardinals. Pujols and Larry Walker are two of my favourite ballplayers. Of course, Lance Berkman is a favourite of mine, but he's outnumbered.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I would love to see Southern Indiana face off in a few years..

(Note: Scott Rolen of the Cards is from Jasper, Indiana..and Eric Campbell of Owensville was picked up by the Braves right after High School [class of 04])

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

You know, Boston Red Sox fans are sympathetic characters, but their whining, especially come playoff time, is rather grating after a while. Almost as bad as the Yankees gloating.

Personally, I'm cheering for the Cardinals. Pujols and Larry Walker are two of my favourite ballplayers. Of course, Lance Berkman is a favourite of mine, but he's outnumbered.

Yeah, let me whining here! I'm a Red Sox fan! HA HA HA! :D

pennants.png

How many times have the yankees been in the world series anyway?

39 times so far, 40 after they win they win 2 more games. All in a little over 80 years.

Yeah well..at least the other 40 years, the other clubs didn't rely on ghosts to play for them..

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Ghosts don't play for they Yanks man, players who can beat the Red Sox do.

Curse, shmurse. Winners know how win when the going gets tough. The only Red Sox who knows how to win is Curt Schilling (93' Phillies NL Champs, 01' D-Backs WS Champs), but his injury and poor outing IMO was the Sox nail in the coffin.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I wouldn't say it's over quite yet. If the Sox could get their bats going at all, it would be a 1-1 series, if not 2-0 the other way. If they made Lieber actually work, they could've beat him, he's not a great pitcher, by any means. The Green Monster wakes the Sox bats up. The Sox hopes look slim, but if they take 2 out of 3 (which is definetely possible given the pitching matchups of Brown vs. Arroyo, who was great down the stretch, and anybody vs. Vasquez as combined with the Sox play at home), it's the same exact situation that had the Sox 5 outs and a call to the bullpen away from the World Series.

IUe6Hvh.png

I wouldn't say it's over quite yet. If the Sox could get their bats going at all, it would be a 1-1 series, if not 2-0 the other way. If they made Lieber actually work, they could've beat him, he's not a great pitcher, by any means. The Green Monster wakes the Sox bats up. The Sox hopes look slim, but if they take 2 out of 3 (which is definetely possible given the pitching matchups of Brown vs. Arroyo, who was great down the stretch, and anybody vs. Vasquez as combined with the Sox play at home), it's the same exact situation that had the Sox 5 outs and a call to the bullpen away from the World Series.

Well, Vazquez isn't pitching, El Duque is who has been a great playoff pitcher. Brown pitched good last series and is getting stronger with each start. If the Yankees win game 3 it over. By looking at the pitchers I would give the advantage to the Yanks, sure Arroyo has had a good year and the Red Sox have won his starts against the Yankees this year however this game is bigger than anyother, he might fold. Also if the game is close going into the late innings I think the Yankees are better Rivera alone gives them the adavntage in the bullpen and since there was 2 days off he can go 2 innings tonight. The Yankees hitting can beat the Sox bullpen, especially Foulke who is not a big game closer.

Game 3 is key, if the Yankees win it's over in 4 or 5. If not the series may go back to Yankee stadium where the Yankees will win it there. I don't think the Red Sox can comeback in this series without Schilling and with Pedro trying to make nice with the Yankees so he can get a big contract from them for next year.

Ahhh... didn't know el Duque is getting the nod for game 4.

But I still think the Red Sox have the pitching advantage over the Yankees in this game. After all, Arroyo has pitched his best baseball this season against the Yankees and has really flown in under the radar. The Red Sox have not only been able to beat the Yankees with Arroyo as a starter, but I believe they've won their last 11 games that Arroyo has started.

Should be a good game, either way. I think the Boston bats will wake up, tonight.

Either way, I gotta stay positive. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Schilling has been fitted with a special high-top shoe that he wore during a workout yesterday. Reportedly, the shoe keeps the tendon sheath that has been "snapping" against the bone in Schilling's ankle from continuing to do so. Schilling threw long-toss in the outfield, then took to the bullpen mound for a fifteen-minute work-out that left Terry Francona and the Red Sox brass cautiously optimistic about the staff ace making a return to the rotation for this series.

Who knows what is going to happen. One thing is certain: yesterday's rainout was just what the doctor ordered for the Sox. It bought them time to try and get Schilling healthy and reconfigured the series so that Pedro could go in a potential Game 5 on full rest.

Now it's a question of whether or not they can get to Monday. If they can, I could definitely see them pushing the ALCS back to New York.

Well...as of this writing it's 3-0 Yankees heading to the bottom of the 2nd,Ramirez was trying to go 1st to 3rd with two outs and on a close play was called out....even though replays show him to be safe.Also Arroyo has not looked sharp in the early going.

98Falcons.png

Schilling has been fitted with a special high-top shoe that he wore during a workout yesterday. Reportedly, the shoe keeps the tendon sheath that has been "snapping" against the bone in Schilling's ankle from continuing to do so. Schilling threw long-toss in the outfield, then took to the bullpen mound for a fifteen-minute work-out that left Terry Francona and the Red Sox brass cautiously optimistic about the staff ace making a return to the rotation for this series.

Who knows what is going to happen. One thing is certain: yesterday's rainout was just what the doctor ordered for the Sox. It bought them time to try and get Schilling healthy and reconfigured the series so that Pedro could go in a potential Game 5 on full rest.

Now it's a question of whether or not they can get to Monday. If they can, I could definitely see them pushing the ALCS back to New York.

Well, I heard that the show sent for him wasn't the right size and that one Red Sox official said that the earliest Schilling could go was game 7. The Red Sox haven't made an official desicion on Schilling.

You said it JKR. I'm frustrated as a Boston fan because the Red Sox should be leading if not for some bad base running. Can't really say whether or not Ramirez would've scored if the call at 3rd had been correct but I think it's safe to say that Mueller would've probably scored on Johnny Damon's hit to Olerud, if that's how it did playout.

Watching that play again, as they've just showed it, Mueller should've ran Posada over. ^_^

and Rock, if Leskanic struggles (Like every other pitcher in this game), they can just go to Wakefield and we the Sox can get the runs back against Vazquez. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Why would the Red Sox sign a pitcher who failed miserably as the closer for both the Brewers and Royals? That just doesn't make since. They got what they deserved. That said, GO SOX!!!!!!!

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Puh, that game is going me mad. The BoSox pitchers are in wrong time.

I never believe in that "Curse", all that happened is bad play and some bad players.

pennants.png

and Rock, if Leskanic struggles (Like every other pitcher in this game), they can just go to Wakefield and we the Sox can get the runs back against Vazquez. ^_^

As soon as you say that Leskanic gives up a 3 run home run and then Wakefield gives up a 2 run double/triple (not sure how they scored it).

It's not over becasue the Yankee pitchers are having just as much trouble. This is going to be a long slugfest. Actually it already is one. :P

Archived