I F L and N I F L merge...

Brian in Boston

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, buzzcut and lilg agreeing with me. I guess miracles do happen!

Oh, Thanks.

Leave it there, buzz. You don't want to make 'The List'...

What is this list you speak of? Ahh...never mind.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Sioux City Bandits,Omaha Beef, Evansville BlueCats,Tupelo Fire Ants, Fort Wayne Freedom,Ohio Valley Greyhounds, Lexington Horsemen,Black Hills Red Dogs, Sioux Falls Storm, and the newly formed Dayton Warbirds have all left the NIFL and have formed a new league call United Indoor Football. Also the AF2s Tennessee Valley Vipers and Peoria Pirates have also joined. The Vipers are now the Pythons and Peoria is being renamed.

Signature intentionally left blank

Sioux City Bandits,Omaha Beef, Evansville BlueCats,Tupelo Fire Ants, Fort Wayne Freedom,Ohio Valley Greyhounds, Lexington Horsemen,Black Hills Red Dogs, Sioux Falls Storm, and the newly formed Dayton Warbirds have all left the NIFL and have formed a new league call United Indoor Football. Also the AF2s Tennessee Valley Vipers and Peoria Pirates have also joined. The Vipers are now the Pythons and Peoria is being renamed.

In other words, all the strong/successful teams. Sounds like a plan to me.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The press release, thanks to OSC.com is here.

Or, for those of you too lazy to click thru...

New League Launches: United Indoor Football

November 17, 2004 - Twelve teams spanning from South Dakota to Alabama have come together to form United Indoor Football, an indoor football league played in small to mid-size markets throughout the United States. All 12 teams will be announced on Wednesday, November 17th.

United Indoor Football boasts three former league champions and five former conference champions. The 12 teams are considered some of the strongest indoor football teams in the country. Most of the teams in the UIF have at least four years of previous operating experience and have a proven track record of success both on and off the field.

The teams will compete in three four-team divisions with the regular season beginning March 17, 2005. Teams will play a 15-game schedule to be concluded in mid-July with playoffs to follow.

Cities that will participate in the UIF and divisional alignment are as follows:

North Division

Rapid City, South Dakota

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Sioux City, Iowa

Omaha, Nebraska

Midwest Division

Peoria, Illinois

Dayton, Ohio

Ft. Wayne, Indiana

Wheeling, West Virginia

South Division

Evansville, Indiana

Tupelo, Mississippi

Huntsville, Alabama

Lexington, Kentucky

For more information on United Indoor Football or any of its member teams, please log on to the official league website at www.unitedindoorfootball.com or call the league office toll free at 1-888-433-4UIF (4843) or fax at 888-433-4842.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

But on another note, when the hell did this logo show up?

moreys150.gif

DOWN WITH THE NIFL!!

Yeah, I had to say it again ,because the Morays' logo is the suck. :puke:

MofnV2z.png

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

moreys150.gif

DOWN WITH THE NIFL!!

Hey, compared to the rest of the logos in that league, it's the shizzizzllelelezzl. zle.

I know, it's like being the prettiest Denny's waitress.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

moreys150.gif

DOWN WITH THE NIFL!!

Hey, compared to the rest of the logos in that league, it's the shizzizzllelelezzl. zle.

I know, it's like being the prettiest Denny's waitress.

No it :cursing: isn't. For sone reason, I hate that particular shade of lime green.

MofnV2z.png

Reportedly, the franchise formerly known as the Peoria Pirates will now be named the Peoria Mutineers.

Additionally, Mike Nelson - a partner in the Central Illinois Arena Management team - has revealed that Bloomington, Illinois is expected to join United Indoor Football in time for the 2006 season. The franchise will play its home games in that city's new arena, which is currently under construction.

Was there a lot of pirate activity along the western banks of Peoria Lake? Whats with the theme of names there?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Additionally, Mike Nelson - a partner in the Central Illinois Arena Management team - has revealed that Bloomington, Illinois is expected to join United Indoor Football in time for the 2006 season. The franchise will play its home games in that city's new arena, which is currently under construction.

Mike Nelson? What's the team going to be called, the BloomingTom Servos?

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Was there a lot of pirate activity along the western banks of Peoria Lake? Whats with the theme of names there?

Yeah... between the Rivermen and the Mutineers (formerly, Pirates), they certainly seem focused on the nautical theme. Stands to reason given the importance to the community of both the Illinois River and Peoria Lake. Still, it might be cool if they chose to shake things up a little bit.

I mean, the Pirates' name and logo are apparently now the property of af2, hence the reason the UIF team can't use them. So, if you've got to change both the name and logo, why even bother to try and maintain the piracy theme for the UIF team? Start fresh.

Archived