RedSox-alike fonts for free!

Swiss

People:

You can download for free three fonts of RedSox-alike letters. Only one of them has numbers (RedSoxNation.ttf , this is a copy of the Tiffany font).

Download here!

I'm open to every comment. :)

Ah, I wish to THANK to erigjaffe who had a little time explaining me some options of the Macromedia Fontographer. He is a truly kind man.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Hey, I fixed the link. Now it works.

--------

Reediting:

You like this one, right?

l_tiffany_big.gif

Well, I can provide you that with this one!

red_swiss_nation.jpg

pennants.png

Actually, that looks a lot like the 1976-1981 Chicago White Sox font on those pajama-like uniforms, not that there's anything wrong with that. The actual font (called MLB Tuscan) can be found here.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

The actual font (called MLB Tuscan) can be found elsewhere in these boards.

MLB Tuscan isn't like Tiffany. So I made a kind of Tiffany and I named that "RedSoxNation".

But renaming it as "Chicago White Pajama & Sox" isn't bad idea. :D

Well, eriqjaffe made that one:

mlb-tuscan.gif

This one, yes, is similar to two of my fonts but I made them three or four years ago.

pennants.png

Can we use this fonts for other purposes then concepts, can we make a logo with the fonts and sell it (Boston or other fonts obtained from the bord - Phillies, Angels...)?

I really don't know, it's kind of a grey area...personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing so.

BTW - Beautiful work, Swiss!

I already asked this but didn't get an answer, so I'll ask again:

Can we use this fonts for other purposes then concepts, can we make a logo with the fonts and sell it (Boston or other fonts obtained from the bord - Phillies, Angels...)?

Thanks!

Mmmhhh... I think the same than eriqjaffe. I worked the fonts for free and other is making money with part of my labor. :therock:

Maybe if you credit me in your work, I would be satisfied with it.

eriqjaffe, thanks, thanks! I couldn't make them without your help about the options of the Fontographer!

pennants.png

Here is a free font that I have used for the old White Sox. It's called "Pointedly Mad"

http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=71

I have not done a real exacting study on them, but I think it's a good match for the White Sox, where the ones posted above are definitely more "Red Sox" to my eye.

Thanks for the link to the font Swiss!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

That font (Pointedly Mad) looks a lot like the 49errs wordmark font. I'm pretty sure IronChefShark and puckguy14 agree with me on that.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Pointedly Mad and Tiffany are also very much like the University of Kansas Jayhawks font, although the KU font has different ends on some of the letters and numbers.

Kansas Jayhawks

miles_layup_110704-lg.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That font (Pointedly Mad) looks a lot like the 49errs wordmark font. I'm pretty sure IronChefShark and puckguy14 agree with me on that.

Ah, very true. It does look like the 49ers. Since I've only made baseball and hockey projects up until this point I never made the connection.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Thanks very much for the "Pointedly Mad"!

That is nice, not so much "Red Sox flavor" but can be used as an unmistakable baseball font for jerseys, caps and logos.

Now, when I have more time, I'll start with a SF Giants-alike font. Stay tuned! :D

pennants.png

Archived