2004 NFL Thanksgiving Throwbacks

TBGKon

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All-

Interesting board, I'm a uniform junkie too. Found this as I was searching for months for any hint on what the Bears would be wearing.

A couple people were right on here about the Bears uniform not being exactly authentic, or not even close for that matter. The jerseys are from 1935 and the helmet from 1962.

If anyone is interested I posted some photos on my site of Bears uniforms over the years (1920-1981, more coming soon).

Thanks for the information.

www.bearshistory.com

OLD SCHOOL UNIFORMS ON TAP FOR THANKSGIVING DAY GAMES

CBS will air Colts-Lions at 12:30pm ET, with Jim Nantz and Phil Simms in the broadcast booth. The Colts will wear uniforms from the ?56 season that feature three blue horizontal stripes on the sleeve and horseshoes on the back of the helmet instead of the sides. The Lions will wear uniforms worn by the team from ?35-48.

Fox will air Bears-Cowboys at 4:30pm ET, with Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Cris Collinsworth in the booth. The Bears will wear uniforms from the ?46 season, which feature a solid orange jersey with navy block numbers. The Cowboys will don uniforms from their ?62 season.

For the second straight year, the NFL will use a special football, ?The Duke,? which was the boyhood nickname of Giants co-Owner Wellington Mara. ?The Duke? was used in the league from the ?30s through ?69 (THE DAILY).

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

I actually like that Bears jersey, not permanently, but its really cool for a 1 game thing. I can't wait to see the Cowboys uniforms in action, they look great in pictures and on the racks in stores. Of course the Lions always look great on Thanksgiving.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

As far as the old Bucs Orange goes, I wish they'd let them wear them at home (the orange shirts, not the all-white). I guess I can understand them wanting to forget about their losing past. I've got them wearing the orange when I play Madden. Nice B)

For my fantasy team I used the skull and swords from the Bucs logo and put it on an orange helmet. What do you think?

2004_GCP_Helmet_Small.jpg

Archived