2004 NFL Thanksgiving Throwbacks

TBGKon

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm not sure about the Bears, though I'm thinking/hoping they go all white (assuming the Cowboys wear the blue throwback) with the home socks and the white "C" on the helmet. Hopefully no stripes like '94....the Lions I'm sure will be sporting ther usual throwbacks, hopefully not with a black facemask this year....the colts i think have minor changes to their striping and helmet. I know this was discussed before but I can't remember what the helmet looks like.

From the NFL.com website:

"Each of the four teams playing on Thanksgiving day will sport uniforms replicated from the past, including the Detroit Lions, who will be outfitted in jerseys worn from 1935-1948; the Indianapolis Colts in jerseys worn from 1956; the Dallas Cowboys in a version of the 1962 jersey; and the Chicago Bears in their 1946 jerseys. Each team?s coaching staff and team personnel will wear Reebok?s Gridiron Classics shirts, caps and jackets on the sidelines to complement the uniforms. "

Thankfully, it seems Dallas will wear a real throwback, not their 1994 alternates. On the NFL Team shop, they are selling a "Reebok 04 Authentic Double Star Jersey."

70142091_l.jpg

I remember seeing the Colts jersey. I couldn't find a picture, but the jersey's were white and had three blue horizontal stripes on the sleeves.

This is a picture of Art Donnovan in those jerseys

artdonovan2.jpg

I was also able to find this picture of the 1946 Bears (full-size image) so I don't think we'll be revisiting the 75th Anniversary throwbacks.

bears1946team_jpg.jpg

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Here's the late Bulldog Turner sporting a 40's era bears white jersey.

Looks like its Blue-Orange-Blue on the stripes and just blue on the letters. Hopefully no names...that'd be an awesome touch. Also sleeves would be a great touch but I doubt that'll happen :)

They better not have names though...

BulldogTurner.jpg

"They better not have names though."

BulldogTurner.jpg

Sorry, pcgd. NFL rules since 1970 require last names on the back of the jerseys.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Here's the late Bulldog Turner sporting a 40's era bears white jersey.

Looks like its Blue-Orange-Blue on the stripes and just blue on the letters. Hopefully no names...that'd be an awesome touch. Also sleeves would be a great touch but I doubt that'll happen :)

They better not have names though...

BulldogTurner.jpg

I will throw up if they dont have names.

"They better not have names though."

BulldogTurner.jpg

Sorry, pcgd. NFL rules since 1970 require last names on the back of the jerseys.

Right, but even for throwbacks? :(

Why would you throw up Eaglefan?

Further Observations to that pic make me wonder if they'll have a rounded neck. I'd be sweet, but again, doubtful.

My prediction, you'll think its the regular bears unis without GSH and without a C on the helmets...

Yes, there is an NFL rule that requires names on the backs of uniforms. There is a similar rule in the NBA and the NHL. The idiots that run Major League Baseball have no such rule, which is MLB's typical big middle finger to fans.

Of all things, How is no names on jerseys a big middle finger to the fans? :therock:

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Yes, there is an NFL rule that requires names on the backs of uniforms. There is a similar rule in the NBA and the NHL. The idiots that run Major League Baseball have no such rule, which is MLB's typical big middle finger to fans.

I'd prefere no names on the backs of ANY jerseys.......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived