NBA Store in NYC

the_cynic

Has anyone been to the NBA Store in New York City? If so, what did you think of it? Is it worth going to? Do they sell any "rare" merchandise that would be hard to find anywhere else?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I was not all that impressed. I think some of the big market teams had some interesting merchandise. All I found for the T-Wolves were KG jerseys that you could get anywhere.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I go there somewhat regularly. It's a good place to actually see out-of-town uniforms you'd probably have to go to the internet to get normally, but the prices are not great. For me, it's more of a sightseeing thing than a shopping experience.

Been there, done that. Haven't bought anything there yet. I'm waiting for the MLB, NFL and NHL stores, though.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

How big is the store? I've tried to get information on the place and I can't really find anything.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

The NBA Store is my home away from home. I'm like royalty there with the amount of money I dump every month there :D

Personally, I love the damn place. It's always really crowded, but hey, that's New York in a nutshell. As for the merchandise, with enough searching you could probably find most of the stuff on the internet, although I have found tons of jerseys that you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere else than the NBA store (like on my recent trip I found Penny Hardaway Knicks swingman jerseys... why they make 'em is beyond me, but I haven't seen them anywhere else and I look almost every other day for new basketball jerseys).

The prices aren't horrible. The swingman's are the usual price of $75 (thank you Reebok for charging me 5 bucks more... jerks), replica's are usual, authentics are the usual outrageous price, and so forth.

Lately, the best thing about the NBA store has been their clearance section in the main little court section of the bottom floor. Now that Reebok has taken over for Nike, all the former Nike NBA merchandise (swingmans, authentics, warm ups) are all much cheaper, some authentics being marked down from $160 to around 40 or 50 - and a nice selection of players as well (like for the Pistons, they've got everyone on sale from Ben Wallace, to Sheed, Prince, Billups, Darko, Rip; on the Raps I've found VC, Jalen Rose and Bosh).

EDIT: To answer your question about the size, it's pretty big. 2 Floors. The top is like home merchandise, towels, table ware, jewelry on one side and the other is all throwbacks and some fashion stuff. Downstairs is the authentics, replicas, swingmans, warmups, some t-shirts, sneakers, LeBron stuff, Jordan stuff, Carmelo stuff, high school and college swingmans, WNBA stuff, personalization, hats, kids stuff, jackets. Mainly all the good stuff is downstairs.

Basically I'd say it's certainly a trip worth making if you're going to be in NY. Whether you find anything you like is of course, up to you, but they do have a large selection of merchandise and of course, you can spend about 2 hours sifting through jerseys alone.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Oh yeah, how could I forget, I'm a pretty big fan of authentic NBA shorts...........what kind of selection do they have?

Retired Number's To Come

Been there, done that. Haven't bought anything there yet. I'm waiting for the MLB, NFL and NHL stores, though.

What about that store in a gate at Madison Square Garden? The last time I was there (more of 7 years ago), the guys had plenty of non-NYC-teams' caps and jerseys.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Oh yeah, how could I forget, I'm a pretty big fan of authentic NBA shorts...........what kind of selection do they have?

Simply put... every single one. They have every authentic piece of merchandise neatly organized in locker-type arrangement. Road/Home/Alternate jerseys, shorts, warm up gear, official towels, the whole thing.

What about that store in a gate at Madison Square Garden? The last time I was there (more of 7 years ago), the guys had plenty of non-NYC-teams' caps and jerseys.

I'm not there too frequently... I just stop by after a Knicks game whenever I'm at MSG. Basically, it's a really small store so they don't have too much. I mean, basketball wise they don't have a very large selection. Hockey, football and baseball they've got a nice amount but nothing too spectacular.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

• 2 weeks later...

Simply put... every single one. They have every authentic piece of merchandise neatly organized in locker-type arrangement. Road/Home/Alternate jerseys, shorts, warm up gear, official towels, the whole thing.

Would they have the new Utah Jazz authentic shorts?

Retired Number's To Come

I'm not there too frequently... I just stop by after a Knicks game whenever I'm at MSG. Basically, it's a really small store so they don't have too much. I mean, basketball wise they don't have a very large selection. Hockey, football and baseball they've got a nice amount but nothing too spectacular.

Ahhh, thanks man. :)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Yup. Saw 'em last time I went to the store... which was maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

Yes they would.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If I ever get over to America the NBA Store will be one of the best places to visit.

I do have a question about the NBA store: What sorts of hats do they have? Do they have New Era 5950 style caps? I would really like to buy some of those to go along with the one I already have.

This is the hat I have atm, it was very hard to find them in Australia.

5950_chicagobulls_blk.jpg

I do have a question about the NBA store: What sorts of hats do they have? Do they have New Era 5950 style caps? I would really like to buy some of those to go along with the one I already have.

If it's got the NBA logo on it, it'll be at the NBA Store.

Sizes are a different story, but yeah, they have the blackout caps and the like.

Yup. Saw 'em last time I went to the store... which was maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

And did they look pretty cool? One of you said that they have every teams authentic shorts? In your opinion which one looks the best? I have a pair of the home Boston Celtics shorts and they're by far my favorite. There's just something to be said about simplicity!

Retired Number's To Come

Well I went, I saw, and I conquered! I got my beloved Utah Jazz home shorts!

Retired Number's To Come

Ya, so how much did you pay for those shorts? 100-150 American? For us Canadians goin down to NYC to shop, it's ridiculous. I went there lookin for an authentic pair of NBA shorts and almost dropped that someone could charge that much money. Nevertheless, I still loved the store and browsing around. It wasn't that crowded when I was there, and they had some sick deals on ball shoes. I really wanted to play ball on that Court tho, but they had sale racks all over it, pff.

3JymF.png

• 2 weeks later...
Ya, so how much did you pay for those shorts? 100-150 American? For us Canadians goin down to NYC to shop, it's ridiculous. I went there lookin for an authentic pair of NBA shorts and almost dropped that someone could charge that much money. Nevertheless, I still loved the store and browsing around. It wasn't that crowded when I was there, and they had some sick deals on ball shoes. I really wanted to play ball on that Court tho, but they had sale racks all over it, pff.

I paid $100 USD but it was well worth it. I've been looking to have a pair of Utah Jazz home shorts for years and years.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived