From Frisco to Mississippi?

JamesCraven

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that the Dennis Erickson Error in San Francisco may be over soon. The head coach of the 49ers will meet with team owner/skinflint John York soon, and is expected to be shown the door leading him to take over as head coach at Ole Miss. Also, The Seattle Times reports that disgraced Notre Dame coach Ty Willingham will be the new coach at the University of Washington. Announcement expected soon.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Well Erickson cant go back to San Fran this is too big of disaster they need to change something and it starts with the Coach. Every team that went 1-15 with the exception of the Cowboys their first year under Johnson fired their coach.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well Erickson cant go back to San Fran this is too big of disaster they need to change something and it starts with the Coach. Every team that went 1-15 with the exception of the Cowboys their first year under Johnson fired their coach.

wasn't the patriots 1-15 under parcells during his first year as pats coach? or was that the year before?

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Well, the 49ers won't be going 1-15. ^_^:P

IUe6Hvh.png

Erickson will stay in 'Frisco, and USC assistant head coach Ed Orgeron as new coach. Also, Ohio University will hire disgraced ex-Husker coach Frank Solitch as their next coach.

How was Solich disgraced he went 9-3 and most Nebraska loyalist didnt like hime being fired paticurally ESPN's Trev Alberts and legendary Coach Tom Osborne now a Congressman.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

"How was Solich disgraced? He went 9-3 and most Nebraska loyalists didn't like him being fired, paticurally ESPN's Trev Alberts and legendary coach Tom Osborne (now a Congressman.)"

He was disgraced in the eyes of athletic director Steve Pederson, because Pederson wanted to bring the Huskers into the 21st Century, offensive-wise. Why did he hire Bill Callahan? I felt Solich got screwed, hence the disgracing. Husker Nation is sitting home for the holidays for the first time since the LBJ administration, and now, everyone wants Pederson's @$$ out of Nebraska.

Archived